༺16༻

Hope's POV...

"I'm still puzzled how you manage to move like ghost." He says and I walk towards him with hurried steps. As I approach him I grab his hand and hold tight. I'm dragging him with same pace while scanning everything around.

"What's going on?" He asks when I walk down in another hall. There's someone's walking sound. I replace his hand from my right to left hand behind me. I slow down for a second to check corner I'm about turn.

"Be quiet." I peer over the wall. There are three guards talking Greek language. My back sticks the wall and I make Kent to position next to me. Breathe holds itself and body tries to not make any kind of sound.

And that's when Kent decides not to shut up. "What is happening?"

"Stay quiet!" Loud music distracts guards but they still can hear us.

"Why are you dragging me?" I'm trying to catch them in my sight. "Why are we hiding?" He whispers again, more interested. He has something I need. I have to return the Eye of Athena.

"Shhh"

"Hope, answer my question. Who are we hiding from?" I pay attention to him. I think I'm ready to kill him.

"Can you be quiet for a second?" I whisper and focus on guard again. They're talking and looking at direction we're not located at. We need to cross the hall without being noticed.

"No if I'm in situation I have no idea about. What are you planning?" Kent asks. "What are you going to do?"

"If you won't shut up I won't answer you at all." And he's silent. He's not saying another word. I'm curious what silenced him, it definitely wasn't my threat. I blink at him to see him smiling. His dimple is deep on left cheek.

What the fuck? I frown and scrunch my nose up. Well, I'll never understand his twisted mind so there's no point to try. And I realize. I realize what I'm doing.

Involuntarily due to anxiousness my thumb started rubbing his fingers and knuckles.

Even though I noticed I don't stop. I swipe my thumb on his skin and draw circles. That's only way to calm myself, I just can't stop.

His hand is warm and soft and tender. I like touching it, warmth coming from his hand and softness under my thumb overpowers my anxiety and I collect courage to continue my way.

"We have to move." I say and walk with quicker but hushed steps. Of course I drag Kent with me. Three men in suit notice us. They take moment to make sure it was us and then they follow our footsteps.

"Will you tell me what is going on?"

"Shut the fuck up!" Louder than whisper voice tells him.

We follow length of hall as I check distance between us and them. Kent finds and pulls me in neighbor hall which leads us to stairs. We can't go downstairs, I can't with my heels. I pull him by his tie wrapped around my fist and drag with me in storage room.

I close door. Lock it. Pin Kent against it and put my palm on his mouth. Kent starts laughing too loud laugh. I've never heard him laugh before and it's too addictive because I want to hear more.