༺15༻

Kent's POV

She's alright and that's what matters. I wish I could explain what actually happened. I wish I could say that I actually saved her. She tells me. She tells me everything I have done. She's almost shaking and barely manages to look at me, still deciding to trust me or not.

I ask only one question. "Why are you telling me?"

"Because— because you don't want to leak this either. Mykonos will turn into total chaos." She says, her tone in comparison steady. "Also," she gulps, looks down at her hands on lap, nervously playing with fingers. "You're only smart person who can help me."

"Why did you decide that I would help you?" Looks up at me. Takes deep breath and speaks.

"You're my husband here, you like it or hate it. If I fail you fail, if I get in trouble you won't get out of the water dry either." Hope says. "Dare and say no, I'll show you what hell I can put you through."

I look down at floor and smile, smug, pleased smile. "It seems I have no other choice."

She averts eye contact and straightens her white robe. She's scanning room when her gaze spots something on dining table, "what's that?" Hope walks to table.

"What is it?" I ask. She's pale. There's paper in her hands she can't take eyes of.

"Shit," whispers, "shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Says in higher tone. Drops paper on coffee table and falls in armchair. She covers her face and curses under breath. I take paper to see picture of two dead Italian.

Someone was spying on us. Of course someone was spying on us. "Whole hotel smells like rotten corpse! Like corpse!" She says, her fingers wrapped around vibrating knee. Little does she know that they're buried in soil of Mykonos. I buried them.

"What should we do?" Calmer, warmer, softer voice asks. "Kent, someone died. Because of me. In front of me. And now this—this is sickness."

"It was Catherine"

"What?!" She almost yells.

"It was her. She's blackmailing us to leave." I sit on dark color sofa, my elbows propped on my knees.

"What do you mean?" She's completely lost. "I don't understand."

"Do you know how she's known?" She shakes her head. "Queen of Mykonos. She owns this island—"

"Oh god. And we're causing complications for her." I nod, "because of Ambassador's death many people canceled their bookings. She's aware you're involved, isn't she?"

"Yes." I sigh.

"We're problems that causes her business to fail. We're her targets. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Realization slaps her across the face. She stands up and paces. And that's when her robe decides to loosen.

"I didn't think she'd go that far." I say. "Spies, she sent them." I'm trying to find my eyes on something other than her bare torso, needing minute to show her chest. I straighten my back and sit more comfortable.

"And dog accident. It wasn't accident," Hope walks back and forth, not being able to stop. "It didn't happen by accident at all. What a fool I am." She puts one hand on hip and other covers her eyes. "What should we do?" There's knock on the door. Hope's one who walks to open it, looks back at me few times, doubting.