Chapter 16

Siddharth: Let's go?
Vaishnavi: Siddharth you take them home. I am going to court. I need to complete few formalities and make sure he will be in custody till Monday hearing and also need to arrange security. Avneet don't leave Siddharth for a second. Don't worry about Simran. Abhishek is in school. He will take care of her security.

Avneet nodded with small smile.

Siddharth: We are leaving... Come Avneet... Come bacha.

Avneet and Ruhi left with Siddharth. Vaishnavi went to court.

In car, With Siddharth and Avneet. Ruhi was silently sitting on back seat. She only knows what is actually going in her mind. A fear of living with new people, scared of them, fear of past and what not a 11yrs old kid was going through. Avneet saw her.

Avneet: Ruh...
Ruhi: Yes mumma?
Avneet: You trust mumma?

Ruhi nodded.

Avneet: Calm down baby. Don't worry. No one will harm my baby. Don't think about anything.
Siddharth: Close your eyes and take rest. Sleep for sometime?

Ruhi obeyed his words because of fear and closed her eyes. Because of stress she fell asleep in no time.

After Ruhi slept.

Siddharth (holding Avneet's hand): Everything is fine now love. Calm down and relax
Avneet: I am sorry Siddharth.
Siddharth (confused): For what?
Avneet (wisper): For everything, for everyone second, minute, hours, days, years of pain you have gone through because of me. I don't know how you are feeling after meeting Ruhi but I can't leave her alone please can she live with me? I won't trouble you with her responsibility or anything. I will take care of it.

Listening her words, Siddharth stopped the car. He glared at her.

Siddharth: Are you kidding with me? How can you even think of this?

Avneet looked down. Siddharth started car again. Then the ride was silent.

They reached at Abhishek's home. Siddharth and Avneet came out of car. Avneet opened door of back seat to wake Ruhi but Siddharth stopped her.

Siddharth: I will pick her. Don't spoil her sleep.

Avneet nodded and moved aside. As Siddharth took her in arms. She stiffened because of touch and woke up.

Ruhi (stiffening): I am so sorry. I am so sorry.
Avneet (rubbing her back): Ruh... baby calm down. Look at me.

Ruhi slowly looked at her. She then noticed Siddharth carrying her. She noticed new surrounding.

Siddharth (sighed): Are you Okay beta?

Ruhi nodded.

Siddharth: Want to walk?

Ruhi quickly nodded. He made her stand. She quickly held Avneet's hand.

He took them in flat and made them sit on sofa. He sat beside Ruhi.

Siddharth (trying to start conversation): What's your name?
Ruhi (nervous, scared of new surrounding): Ruhi...
Siddharth: Ruhi bache see... I know you are hurt and scared as police arrested your father but baby you know right he was wrong person. So, I had to take this action.

Ruhi nodded.

Siddharth: Now you don't worry about anything. You will stay with us. We won't harm you. You don't need to be scared. Calm down and smile.

Ruhi nodded being little comfortable though she didn't smile. Avneet was just staring at both of them. Like Simran... Ruhi too don't have anyone around her, to talk with her, to love her and care for her. Her father hates her because she is girl. He always locked her in a room, keeping her away from Avneet. In Elvish's absence, Always Avneet let her come out of room. She hates her father but more she is scared of him. Her life was stucked between a room, spending all day alone, having meal whatever she got and for studies, Elvish provided her home schooling. If by any chance he saw her out of room or anything which he don't like. He made sure to make her cry and scream in pain like hell.

Siddharth: Go and check in fridge. khushi has made pancakes. Do you like it?
Ruhi: I never ate anything other than papa used to ask mumma to cook. So, I don't know.
Siddharth: Try this then. You will love them. You can check in fridge.

Ruhi nodded and went in kitchen. Siddharth smiled at her.

Siddharth (calmly): Listen to me Avni... I can't promise like I will be perfect father or will give every happiness but I am promise I will made sure my daughters don't have to bare any pain or anything alone. I don't want them to be papa ki princess. I will teach them to be papa ki sherni. Always khushi is like my daughter. She has been with me when I was loosing Hope's of living. She came in my life with her glims. Now, I have 3 daughters. Khushi, Simran and Ruhi. Ruhi is going to be with us. I will give her that love and care which she deserve.

Avneet nodded with smile and hug him.

TBC.....