Chapter 12

Skips to evening. Everyone was home.

Khushi (excitedly): Chachu I want treat. Let's go for icecream.
Vaishnavi (glaring khushi): Alot of sweets you are having Nowadays. No treat
Khushi (buttering Vaishnavi): Mumma.... Chachu got his wife and daughter back. So? Yessss....

She cheered as she succeed in finding good reason.

Siddharth (chuckle): I agree with khushi. So, we will go to have icecream.
Vaishnavi (rolling her eyes): Am I allowed to say no?
Abhishek, khushi (shout): Noooo....
Vaishnavi: Okay okay!!!
Siddharth: Can I ask Simi to join us?
Vaishnavi: Ofcourse you can.
Khushi: Then we need to go now. I don't think after dinner they will allow her to go out of hostel.

Everyone thought for some seconds and then decided to go now.

Abhishek: Let's get ready then Siddharth you go and pick your daughter. We will catch you at cream icecream parlour.
Siddharth: Yeah fine.

Siddharth went to his room and dialed Simran's number.

Simran: Hello! Who's this?
Siddharth: Siddharth.
Simran: Oh! How you got my number?
Siddharth: Umm.... School diary. Anyways, me and my family are going for icecream treat. Let's join us.
Simran: No no sir.... You go and enjoy and with your family. What I will do?
Siddharth: Meet my family, my princess and be a part of our icecream treat.
Simran: Ummm-
Siddharth (ordering): I am coming to pick you in 20mins. Get ready fast and also, I will ask warden. Don't worry.
Simran: Okay....
Siddharth: Get ready.

With this, they hang up the call. Siddharth got ready then left to pick her. In hostel, he asked warden for permission. Warden permit Simran as he already informed she is his family  friend's daughter plus he is trustee of school and even hostel. Simran then left with Siddharth.

In icecream parlour. As Siddharth and Simran reached. Siddharth was looking around in search of Abhishek, Vaishnavi and Khushi.

Khushi (waving hand from other side, shout little): Chachu here.

Listening her voice, Simran noticed them.

Simran: Sir there?

Siddharth saw them and nodded. They walked towards them.

Siddharth (sitting beside Abhishek): Guys, She is Simran and Simran.... He is Abhishek my friend and your teacher. His wife Vaishnavi and his daughter Khushi.
Simran: Hello.
Khushi (excited): Hiee...
Vaishnavi (patting beside her): Come sit.
Siddharth: Let's order.
Vaishnavi: One vanilla for khushi and same for me that's it.
Khushi (frown): What? Only one vanilla? No way.....
Vaishnavi: Okay then nothing for khushi.
Khushi (whining): Chachuuuuu..... for me Carmel and blueberry please please.....
Siddharth (giggle): Okay...
Abhishek: Anything will work.
Simran: Strawberry mint.
Siddharth: Okay....

He went to order.

Vaishnavi (pointing at Simran's hand which was covered with bandage): What happened?
Simran (nervous): Nothing much. Just a cut.
Vaishnavi (confused): For a cut your whole hand is covered with bandage? Show me if there is serious injury then we need to visit Dr.

She held her hand. Simran got shock and snatched it back. Siddharth came and sat with them.

Vaishnavi (worried): What happened? Show me...
Siddharth: Let her see Simran.

Vaishnavi again took her hand and quickly opened bandage. Everyone got shock to see her hand. Her hand was perfectly fine.

Vaishnavi (shocked): What's this?
Simran (looking down, nervously): I am sorry. I need use washroom.

She ran from there.

Khushi (confuse): Should I go and check on her?

Abhishek nodded. Khushi went behind Simran.

Inside washroom, Simran stood at a corner, crying. Khushi saw her and found washroom was empty.

Khushi: What happened?
Simran (wiping her tears): Umm.... Nothing.

Simran moved from there and went to raisine her face.

Khushi (keeping hand on her shoulder): Simran... I know we are meeting today for first time and we are not even friends but if there is any issue. You can share with me. I will try to help you out.
Simran (ignoring her): There is nothing like that. Thanks!
Khushi: Okay! But why you lied about injury? You can share with me. I will try to understand-
Simran (angrily, cuts her): You will understand my problem? But you know you can't. Because you have never faced anything like that... You know you have both mom and dad to love you and care for you but see what I have? Parents and according to them I am dead I guess. Dad always busy with his meetings and business. Mom with kitty parties. Friends... I don't have because everyone thinks I am rude and arrogant. You know what I haven't met my parents since 4yrs. No one... literally no one calls me or even message me on my birthday. Leave birthday in whole year. When you get sick. Your mom and dad are around you. Taking care of you. What about me? No one even have any idea. Periods.... When I got my first periods... Warden handed me a pack of sanitary pads and explained me about it. My mom don't even have any idea. Can you understand what I am feeling all this years? I want to get sick. So, someone can sit beside me and take care of me. I want someone to wish me on birthday. I am not asking for gifts and cakes but a hug? I am not even worth of it? What's my fault? You know this is the first time ever I am sitting with a family. You know when sir fed me. I felt happy. For this only, I acted like I have injury on my hand. So, maybe I will get a little bit care and maybe sir will feed me. Here, I am trying to get love, care and feelings from strangers even though I have my family. What's my fault?

TBC.....