Chapter 5

Avneet took more than half hour to come there but at last she came. Her face was covered with scarf. She was looking here and there in search of Siddharth. Abhishek called her.

Abhishek: We are in white car turn back and you can find car.

Avneet did as he said. As she came near the car. Siddharth opened the door of back seat. Avneet entered.

After 16yrs. They saw each other. Their eyes met. They were nervous like hell. Avneet shivered sensing his cold gaze. She was scared and worried too. Avneet quickly broke eye contact. Siddharth noticed everything. Abhishek stepped out of car, leaving them alone, giving them privacy.

Avneet (trying to be stern): Yes?

Siddharth couldn't control himself and pulled her in hug, in his embrace.

Siddharth (wisper): Avni...

She tried to push him but he didn't let her. Avneet gave up after few attempts and hug him back.

Avneet (broke down, begging): Leave me please. Let me go. Please Siddharth.

Siddharth broke the hug. He noticed her tone. He sensed she is scared.

Siddharth: I ain't gonna leave you. For 16yrs like really 16yrs. I thought you are dead. You don't have 1% idea how I went through all this. Never in life before you I got love. After meeting you I got to know what is love and how it feels but in three years you again left me. Now, I won't. I won't at any cost.

He said as tears roll down on his cheeks. He tried to remove her scarf from face but she didn't let him. Abhishek was waiting outside, keeping eye if anyone is coming.

Siddharth (cupping her face): What's wrong with you? Why you are trying to push me away from you? Don't you love me? Let me see your face.

He knew the reason very well but he wanted her to confess the truth. He knew she was treated like slave. She is baring violence.

Avneet (pushing his hands away): What's wrong with you? Why you are forcing me? Didn't I asked you not to call me again? Didn't I said I don't want to come here? I don't want to show you my face. That's my decision. You can't force me.
Siddharth: Okay! I am agreeing with all your conditions. I won't come to meet you, I will leave from here, I will not even call. I will do whatever you will ask me to do but first I want my answer and I guess I need  to meet your husband. Let's go.
Avneet (shocked): No Siddharth-
Siddharth (cuts her): I will... If you ain't gonna answer my questions then I only option have your husband. You don't even have any idea i can go till any extent to throw you both behind the bars. So, first I am giving you an opportunity to tell me whatever it is. Not to forgot.... Still I'm your husband.... First husband to be more clear.

Avneet looked at him with shock. She knew he is correct. She sighed and gave up. She removed the scarf from her face. Her hands were trembling. Siddharth can see how week and pale she is. He got shock to see her face. She has huge bags under her eyes. Her lips were swollen and whitish, her cheeks seems puffy and mainly she had marks on her face. Her whole body is covered with marks, burns, bruises, cuts, etc. Which are hidden Ofcourse but looking at her face he can assume how badly she is covered with scared, marks, wounds, burns, etc.... He closed his eyes and took deep breath.

Avneet (looking down, sobbing silently): Now let me go please.
Siddharth (shook his head): I want to take you with me.
Avneet (shocked, shook his head): No... That's not possible.
Siddharth (raising her face by her chin): Why?

She looked away. Siddharth sighed. He closed his eyes.

Siddharth (wisper): I love you Avni. I still do. I am waiting for you.

He confessed. She looked at him with shock, eyes wide open.

Avneet's pov: Love? He should hate me. I betrayed him, didn't I? Even after knowing truth. Though it's half.... He can assume by own and tag me a cheater, betrayer. But love?

She came back to her senses and noticed, he is waiting for her.

Avneet (irritated): Siddharth try to understand. That's not possible at all. You just... just move on. See, I moved on. I am happy in my life. Let me live my life and you live yours.

She said controlling her tears. Siddharth stared at her for few seconds then held her hand on kept it on his head.

Siddharth (closing his eyes): Swear on me and say you don't love me, you moved on by your heart. You are happy in your life.

She quickly snatched her hand away and looked away.

Siddharth (sighed): I got my answers. Now, Avneet you have two options. 1st tell me everything by your own now only. 2nd I will come at your place and will directly talk with your husband. You have 15 seconds to choose.

TBC.....