After all this time?

"YOU! YOU!", he points dramatically at both of us.
"YOUR...THERES NO WAY...HOW DID THIS?...WHAT THE FUCK! YOU'RE SNOGGING?! WHAT THE FUCK!", He screams.
"Mate can you sit down and stop alerting the entire castle of our private affairs please", Draco says, ushering Blaise onto the couch. He doesn't budge.
"PRIVATE INDEED! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN KEEPING THIS A SECRET?", He shouts frantically.
"Not long. Just shut the fuck up please", I say irritably, grabbing him full force and forcing him to sit down.
It's silent for a minute as Blaise examines us both, a motherly look of disappointment on his face, as if he's just caught his daughter snogging the boy next door.
I glance at Draco trying to get him to say something.
"Erm".
"Well...surprise!", He exclaims awkwardly.
Oh my god.
I roll my eyes at him and he shrugs.
"Are you for real? SURPRISE! THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ME?", Blaise says, looking appalled.
"For fuck sake. You know now. Get over it", I sigh.
"How long have you been keeping this from me?", He asks.
"It only started during christmas", Draco explains.
Blaise let's out a high pitched noise.
"Christmas! Were you even going to bother to tell me? ME! YOUR BEST FRIEND LET ME REMIND YOU BOTH!", Blaise exclaims.
"We weren't planning on telling anyone but then Luna found out-"
"LUNA! SHE KNEW?", Blaise cries.
"Will you let me finish you drama queen. After she found out, we decided we would just let people find out on their own. And of course as soon as we decided that you waltz in here and find out in the most terrible way", I explain.
"Terrible indeed. I think I almost had a stroke. Imagine walking in on your two best, most trusted friends...snogging. On my favourite couch as well", He says with a melancholy look.
Draco snorts, "Believe me mate, that's not the only couch we've-"
I smack him hard with a pillow. "FOR FUCK SAKES. SHUT UP!", I snap.
"Christ. Alright, alright".
"I still cannot believe you didn't tell me", Blaise continues.
"We didn't tell anyone!", I protest.
He thinks for a while.
"I forgive you", He says.
"Oh my, thank you for your kindness", Draco says mockingly.
Blaise points an accusing finger, "Despite you being like a brother to me, which is extremely weird since i see (Y/N) as a sister".
"EW! Can you not", I gag.
"Let me rephrase! Despite you being my most trusted friend, if you hurt (Y/N) in any way, i won't hesitate to cut you and your wand off. If you know what i mean by wand", Blaise says.
"Yes, we know what you mean by wand! You can stop talking now.", I say, my face full of horror.
"Thank you for your concern Blaise, but believe me when i say, that will never happen", Draco promises.
He smiles at me and I almost forget Blaise is in the room until he says, "So, does this mean youre going to be one of those really disgusting couples that shag everywhere?".
There's a silence.
"You are so un self aware it's comical", I say.
"What do you mean?".
"Point proven (Y/N)", Draco says.
"What do you mean???", Blaise persists.
Me and Draco both laugh at his naivety.
"I don't like this new secret alliance. It's unsettling", Blaise shakes his head disapprovingly.
"Oh shush. I'm off to bed. You're annoying me",
I say, getting up.
"Don't leave me here with him!", Draco says.
"Fuck you. I'm great company", Blaise says as he begins to chomp a packet of fizzing whizzbees very loudly.
"Goodnight", I say kissing Draco softly on the cheek.
"Where's my goodnight?", Blaise asks, still munching.
I give him the finger and go to bed.

Draco's POV:
I watch as she leaves to go up to her dorm.
Merlin, she's so beautiful. I don't know if it's the way her effortlessly perfect hair flicks as she walks or the natural blush permanently painting her cheeks or her eyes that live in my mind 24/7. I think it's just her. All of her.
There's a silence.
"It finally happened", Blaise says. I can tell he's about to have a proper conversation with me, no jokes. Blaise is lighthearted most of the time but he can be serious when he wants to be.
"After all this time."
"Yes. It did".
"How do you feel?", He asks.
How do I feel? Fucking amazing. I've never felt this good in my life. I feel infinite. Every-time I kiss her I find myself thanking god for keeping me alive another day. She makes me a better person.
Of course I don't say this.
"Happy", I say. "Grateful".
He nods, like he understands the simplicity in my words. He's always known how hard it is for me to open up.
"I'm happy you're happy mate. Truly. I know how long you've loved her", He smiles. His voice is calm and low. Im confused as to why he seems so off.
"Thank you Blaise. It means a lot".
He sighs and leans forward.
"When are you going to tell her?", He says in a whisper.
The hairs on the back of my neck are raised with fear.
"Tell her what", I ask despite knowing exactly what he's referring to.
"Draco. You know what i'm talking about. That night...", He shudders as if the memory haunts him. I wonder if he too awakes in the night with nightmares of Marcus's lifeless face. I wonder if he sees his eyes in the mirror like i do, eyes forever open.
"I thought we agreed. She can't know", I say firmly.
"Mate, if she's falling in love with you the same way you've been falling in love with her for years, she deserves to know", He says solemnly.
I doubt she could ever love me as much as i love her. It's not possible.
"She'd never look at me the same Blaise", I say, feeling my eyes fill up. I will not cry. I blink hard and force myself to focus.
"Imagine the look on her face if she found out one day from someone other than you".
I know he's right. He's always fucking right.
He's been the voice of reason since we were eleven.
"I can't", I say looking him in the eye sternly.
He sighs, disappointed.
"If you don't soon, I will. I mean do you even care about what happened? I've had to hide it from everyone i care about including Luna and it's eating me up inside. It's just so easy for you isn't it? Fucking man up and tell her", He says loudly and with a last hopeful look, that is quickly destroyed by my prolonged silence, he walks away.
His words pierce through me like knives, even long after he's gone. I sit there and all i can hear is, "Do you even care?".
If only he knew the extent of it.