Memories

I sit down in the common room because the dorms are too busy.
It's late so no ones down here except some first years playing with gob stones.

I open the diary up on the first page but to my surprise it's blank. I flick to the next but it's blank also. I keep flicking and soon realise the diary is empty. I sigh and sink into my seat.
What's the point of having a diary if you don't write in it? I grab a quill and decide I'll write in it instead.

With all that's been going on it would be nice to get my thoughts out. I grab my quill and begin to write.
"Dear diary", I begin. The ink sinks into the page and to my surprise it completely vanishes.
I stare at the page in disbelief. I rewrite my sentence but the same thing happens again.
Suddenly ink starts to deep through the pages.
"My name isn't Diary", it reads.
I rub my eyes in shock.
Did the diary just write back to me??
The ink vanishes back into the book. I grab the quill hastily. "Dear, Tom riddle".
"That's better", The diary reads back.
This is powerful magic, very powerful magic.
I try to stay calm and not call for the boys out of habit.
"Do you know anything about the chamber of secrets?", I ask.
"Yes", the diary writes back.
My body shivers with excitement. "Can you tell me?", I ask. "No", it reads.
I sink back into my chair, defeated.
"But I can show you", it reads.
I look at the book, ready to write more but my vision begins to go blurry and the book starts to move. I look into the book and suddenly my vision goes black. I feel myself turning and tumbling and it feels like my eyes are being forced open. They open up and I'm in Hogwarts again but this time somethings different.
Dumbledore is walking into my eyesight. "Dumbledore", I say in disbelief. He doesn't look at me and it seems as though he can't hear me either. He looks straight at me and walks through me. A cold shiver goes through me and I flinch. Then I see a magical stretcher being pulled through the door at the entrance. I realise by Filchs young appearance that this must be a memory.
A tall, brunette boy comes into frame and I step back. He's incredibly good looking and makes me feel intimidated. Even though I'm aware he cannot see me I still find myself feeling self conscious.
Dumbledore watches the stretcher pass him by with a solemn look on his face. He spots the tall boy, "Tom", he beckons. This must be the writer of the diary, I think to myself.
"Yes professor", he replies. He's well spoken and has a deep, charming voice.
"It is not wise to be walking around at this late hour Tom.", Dumbledore says sternly.
"I'm sorry Professor, I suppose I just had to see for my myself if the rumors were true", He says sadly.
"I'm afraid they are true Tom", Dumbledore says with a hint of sorrow in his voice.
"About Hogwarts too? I don't have a home to go to Sir, they wouldn't really close Hogwarts would they?", Tom says and I begin to feel bad for him. He reminds me of Harry.
"I understand but I'm afraid Headmaster Dippit may have no choice", Dumbledore responds.
"But would it all stop if the person responsible was caught Sir?", he asks eagerly.
Dumbledore raises his eyebrows in suspicion, "Is there something you wish to tell me?", he asks,
"No sir, nothing", he says innocently.
Dumbledore pauses, as if expecting Tom to change his mind.
He sighs, "Very well then, off you go".
"Goodnight sir", Tom says and he walks away.
I follow him as he walks hastily up the stairs and through the halls. I realise that he is heading to the Slytherin common room. The same house as me. Tom stops and then turns arriving at the dungeons.
He takes his wand out of his pocket and opens the door.
An abnormally tall teenage boy stands before a big chest that sits in the middle of the room.
"Good evening Hagrid", Tom says calmly, his wand still raised.
The boy slams the chest shut:
"Hagrid", I say in shock.
"I don't think you intended to kill anyone Hagrid but I'm going to have to turn you in", he says.
"You can't! You don't understand!", he pleads.
"The dead girls parents will be here tomorrow, the least thing Hogwarts can do is make sure the thing that killed their daughter is slaughtered", Tom responds.
"It wasn't him! Aragog never killed no one! Never!", Hagrid defends.
"Monsters don't make very good pets Hagrid", Tom replies.
"Now stand aside", Tom moves forward.
"NO!", He shouts.
"Stand aside Hagrid", Tom raises his wand and points it at the chest, reciting a spell I am unfamiliar with. A bolt of light hits the box and it slams open, a massive spider jumping out of it and running away.
Tom try's to hit it with his wand but the spider is too fast.
"ARAGOG! ARAGOG!", Hagrid screams and Tom now points the wand towards him.
"They'll take your wand for this Hagrid. You'll be expelled", He says calm as ever. Suddenly I feel myself being pulled backwards.
"HAGRID", I shout but he can't hear me.
"HAGRID! NO!", I scream but it's no use. I'm being pulled out of the memory and I feel the same tumbling and turning end in less then a second I am back sitting on the chair in the common room, the diary laying open before me.
I slam it shut and rub my eyes.
That can't have been real. There's no way, but I have to check.
Cautiously I open up the diary again.
I grab my quill shakily and begin to write.
"Are you real?", I ask.
I put the quill down and wait for what seems like a lifetime.

"Yes".