Cedric Diggory

Summer came by fast after that, and no one was complaining after the school year we'd all had. Most of us were 14, some of us including Draco had already turned 15, his birthday fell on June 5th.
Things had changed drastically over the years, we had all begun to mature. People were less childish and some even had relationships now. I often heard Blaise nattering on about different girls he would love to "shag". I asked Draco what this word meant and immediately slapped Blaise with my book. Things like this were never talked about before, but it seemed we were at an age where it was acceptable now. Everyone was going a bit mental with the sudden discovery of attraction and maturity. To be honest, it was all quite exciting. I'd started to mature physically and noticed some of the older boys treated me with more respect then before. I just hoped this wouldn't change my friendships, especially with Draco. I mean he's 15 now and what if he gets a girlfriend? Where does that leave me. I don't want a boyfriend of course. Well, it would be nice i suppose but i have no idea who. First you have to suss out who likes you and then decide whether or not you like them too and then you have to wait for them to ask you or you pluck up the courage and ask them. It seems like an awful lot of work.

Today is the day of the quidditch world cup. None of us have ever been to one before and Arthur Weasley so kindly offered us all tickets, i think he gets them free at the ministry. I've been staying at the weasleys for the summer, Draco wasn't allowed anyone over for reasons he wouldn't explain. I assumed the worst, as always but for now i've put it out of my mind. The whole weasley family and me, Harry and Hermione are attending and excitement is not the word for the atmosphere in the burrow this morning.
Mr Weasley has found a new muggle drink that he basically forced us all to try, it's called "coffee".
As we get ready in Ronalds room, or should i say me and Hermione apply some makeup while Harry ans Ron attempt to wake up, the sweet aroma of coffee floods the air.
"I love coffee. I was so disappointed when they didn't have it at Hogwarts", mumbles Hermione as she brushes her hair.
"It tastes like piss water", Ron shrugs.
"I think it's quite nice", Harry sips loudly.
"It has caffeine in it", I say.
"How do you know?", Harry asks.
"Did some research", I wink.
"Caffeine?", asks Ron.
"It's supposed to give you energy", She responds.
Without warning, Ron raises the mug to his mouth and chugs it instantly.
"Idiot", I laugh.
"This better work or you'll never hear the end of it Hermione", he shakes his head.
"Are you two nearly ready?", Harry asks impatiently.
"Finished", I say and he sighs happily.
"You do know we're not leaving until we have breakfast?", i say.
"Molly wont mind if we-", Harry begins.
"Are you mad?", Ron interrupts. "If we leave this house without eating first we'll be hexed for days", he grabs his empty coffee cup as we walk downstairs.

Breakfast is a classic full english and the boys eat quickly hoping to leave faster.
"Good morning everyone", Mr Weasley sings cominh down the stairs with his own mug of coffee.
"Isnt it splendid this drink!", he marvels.
"Yes, Ron certainly loves it", I respond pointing to Ron's empty cup. He shoots daggers at me as i grin back.
"Marvelous! Molly dear would you pour Ron another cup of coffee", he asks.
Harry laughs, nearly choking on toast.
"You excited (Y/N)", Fred asks me.
"Yes, i don't really know what to expect though", i say.
"Trust me, you'll enjoy it", George smiles.
I reach out to grab more toast and my hand brushes against Fred's. I look at him for a minute and he smirks. I blush instantly and look away.
This maturing stuff is making me look and feel stupid at all times.

It feels as though we've been walking for miles at this point. Arthur Weasley is leading us through fields and fields of nothing.
"Help", Ron pants.
"What's wrong?", asks Hermione.
"I cant go for much longer. This is the end Mione", he falls to the ground jokingly.
"Ronald! Get up!", she demands trying not to laugh.
"Were here! They shouldn't be long!", Arthur announces.
As if they heard, a middle aged man, wearing similar clothes to mr weasley floats down onto the grass where we stand.
"Did he just!" i gasp.
"Apparition", Hermione says.
"Arthur!", the man cries and pulls him into a very manly hug.
"Amos! so good to see you", Arthur says.
Amos shakes our hands one by one.
Then within a few seconds another person floats down onto the grass.
He looks slightly older then me maybe one or two years, his eyes are bright grey and they remind me of Draco's. his hair is dark brown and looks soft to the touch. His cheeks are rosy and he's tall and incredibly handsome.
"Hello", the boy says.
"My son", Amos introduces, "Cedric Diggory", he says proudly.
"Hello mate", the twins say shaking his hand one by one.
"Nice to meet you", says Harry, Hermione and little Ginny. Cedric smiles and nods.
"I know you", Ron blurts.
"You're in sixth year right!".
"Indeed", Cedric beams.
He puts his hand out to me.
"(Y/N), (L/N). Lovely to meet you", i smile.
Why did i say lovely? Does that sound weird?
"Lovely to meet you too, Miss (L/N)", he smirks.
I feel better now.
"Right everyone. Only a few more miles", Arthur shouts.
"MILES?", Ron yelps.
"Stop complaining for heavens sake", Says Hermione.
I notice Cedric is walking beside me.
"what year are you in if you don't mind me asking?", he says.
"Going into fourth. Have you ever been to one of these?", i ask.
"When i was small, i don't remember it though", he says.
"Shame. I've never been but my expectations are quite high", i laugh.
Am i talking too much?
"Well, i hope it lives up to them", he smiles at me.
"How are you already flirting with him (Y/N)?" Ron jokes.
"Excuse me!".
Cedric seems amused. "This is your idea of flirting?". he says.
"Ron has very little experience in the ladies department", I explain.
"Says you! Haven't even had your first kiss yet!", he taunts.
"And you have?", Harry says shocked. Ron blushes all over and goes as red as his hair.
"Maybe", he shrugs.
"Lies", Says Hermione.
"i'm pretty sure i'm the only one here who's had their first kiss", Cedric laughs.
"Well you're older, so obviously", I say.
"Even when she's your age she won't have had her first kiss", Ron laughs.
"And you will?", Harry says shocked again.
"STOP DOUBTING ME! I'll have you know i have many candidates for my first snog", he grins.
"Professor Snape being one", Hermione laughs evilly.
"You're going to regret that", Ron gasps.
Ron and Hermione bicker like kids for the rest of the way.
Cedric leans down to my height once the trio is slightly out of distance.
"For what it's worth...id gladly kiss you", he whispers, smiling.
My stomach bounces up and down and heat floods to my cheeks. I notice him looking at me and smirking.
Maybe this is that feeling everyone's talking about.
Is he flirting with me? Or does he just feel bad and is trying to cheer me up.
Whatever it is, it's a new feeling and i'm not sure if i like it yet.