The Restricted Section

"(Y/N)", a voice murmurs softly.
"WAKE UP!", a different voice shouts.
"Blaise do you have to be so aggressive?", Draco says in a less gentle tone then before.
"We don't have all night", he says dramatically.
My eyes are open now flicking between both of them as they squalor, it's quite amusing.
Suddenly, Draco catches my eyes and smiles.
"You're awake", he grins.
"Yes. I don't know how I managed to fall asleep," I rub my tired eyes.
"You fall asleep everywhere and anywhere", Blaise mutters.
"You're one to talk", I roll my eyes.

I get up slowly off the couch and adjust myself to the warm lights in the common room.
I walk over to the table where my piece of parchment is laying and swipe it.
"We're on schedule", I say quietly, suddenly aware of how late it is.
"Once we leave the common room, refrain from speaking. Only talk if necessary and don't waste time. If we get caught we're all going down", I state.
"Got it", Blaise says.
"I'll go first", Draco volunteers.
"Sure?", I ask.
"Yes".

One by one we begin to slither out of the common room. I'm sure Blaise forgot to breathe because when I turn around to check on him his face is red and he looks as though he's been froze.
"Blaise", I shout in a whisper.
"Are you okay?".
He puts his thumbs up and grins, still looking as though he is incapable of breathing and I have to force myself not to laugh.
I turn back around and see Draco making his way ahead. He's extremely focused and so far he's doing a good job of leading us.

I can see the entrance to the library in sight and I sigh with relief. If we can get in there, there's less chance of us being spotted or heard.

Draco walks in first. The library is dark and cold.
"Lumos", I hear him whisper and I see the light flood out from his wand.
He turns around and gestures into the library.
I follow next and then Blaise.
I shut the library door as quietly as possible and sigh.
"That was-", Blaise begins but a slam is heard from the other side of the library.
I instinctively duck pulling the boys down with me.
I move close to the ground, behind an old bookshelf on our side of the library.
It's filch and his cat.
I put my hand to my lips as I move to the edge of the bookcase to get a good look.
Filch is moving around, following his cat.
"Spot anyone, beautiful?", he whispers to her.
"Ew", I say in my head.
I pretend to throw up and Blaise struggles to keep his laugh in.

Filch sniffles disgustingly and trots out of the room, once again slamming the door shut.
We wait a minute in case he comes back in, but he does not.
I lift myself up again and wipe the beads of sweat off my forehead.
"Close one", Blaise sighs.

We spend a good half an hour in the restricted section attempting to find the book and not get eaten alive in the process. One of the books practically screamed in Blaises face to our amusement.
Finally I place my hand on an old, dusty book.
I pull it out and blow the dust away.
"Draco, bring your wand here", I say.
He hands it to me and I shine it directly onto the front cover.
"The Chamber of Secrets; dark magic".
"This!", I almost shout but remember to be quiet.
I flick through it to make sure it's what I need.
Once confirmed I begin to lead the way out of the library.
"Come on", I say.

We reach the common room safely and as soon as that door shuts behind us we collapse on the couch and start laughing uncontrollably.
"Mate I thought we were done for", Blaise laughs hysterically.
"Did you see filch? That man has serious issues", Draco begins.
"Not to mention his cats on the verge of death", I laugh deeply.
Once we calm down and the fit of laugh turns into occasional giggles and grins, I whip out the book.

"Do we have to read it now?", Blaise moans.
"Shush you. We didn't go to all that trouble for nothing", I roll my eyes at him.
"The chamber of secrets was opened in 1942 and closed in 1943", I read aloud.
"An unnamed student is said to have open the chamber and unleashed the monster within it, causing the death of a young Hogwarts student. The student responsible for the opening was then suspended and wand privileges were removed. The chamber of secrets is one of the most prominent examples of dark magic throughout the years. The beast inside the chamber is said to target muggleborns and blood traitors".
I gulp as Hermione flashes through my mind suddenly.
I continue to read and soon find the history of the chamber. Salazar Slytherin, the founder of Slytherin is said to be the creator of the chamber of secrets.
"Only the heir of Slytherin is capable of opening the chamber of secrets", I say.
"So does that mean whoever opened the chamber this time, has to be in our house", Blaise says.
"Yes. I think so", Draco shivers.
"Who opened it last time?", I say.
"We need to find out", Draco says.
"And this book doesn't even bloody tell us where it is or anything", Blaise says frustrated.
"We'll figure that out tomorrow. We need sleep", I say.
"What we need is to be on the lookout", Draco says sternly.
"If the opener of this chamber is in our house we are in danger as we speak", he says hurriedly.
"We don't know that", Blaise says.
"Blaise, put two and two together. The heir of what?", he prompts.
"Slytherin", Blaise mumbles, defeated.
"Exactly. You hardly think that the heir of Slytherin is going to somehow be a Hufflepuff do you?".
Draco is getting tense now.
"Guys. We need sleep okay. We can't think straight when we're this tired.", I say.
There's a silence but finally they agree.
"Alright. Night (Y/N)", Blaise smiles tiredly.
"Goodnight, sleep well", Draco murmurs softly.

Once my head hits the pillow and the lights are all out, the nightmares begin.