Death Eaters

It's been a few weeks and school is approaching. Today is my last day of Summer. I'm going to start the year with Draco and Blaise as Mother and Father have agreed it with Lucius. I can't wait to see everyone again, especially Harry, Ron and Hermione. It's been a while since I saw them last.
I've just finished breakfast so I decide to go to my room and begin packing.
I make the bed first, then I begin to pack my clothes and other belongings such as my notebooks and my wand. I also pack my school trunk with all my new books and stationery. I let Misty roam free for a bit, I'll put her in the cage tomorrow morning.

Once all my tasks are done I go into the boys room to see what they're doing.
"Hey guys", I say.
"Morning sunshine", Blaise smiles wide while Draco is panicking in the corner of the room trying to pack away all his stuff.
"No time for greetings", Draco says seriously.
"What's up with him", I gesture to Blaise.
"Eh, I think he's a bit stressed about going back to school", Blaise looks down at Draco who is now sitting on his trunk, attempting to close it.

I laugh at him and help him zip up his overflowing suitcase.
"Thanks (Y/N)", he grins, wiping sweat off his forehead.
"Blimey, it's afternoon already", Blaise says glancing at the clock on the wall.
"Wanna do something fun?", Draco says, relaxing finally.
"Like what?", I ask.
"Come on. Just follow me", he smiles cheekily.
"I'm not sure I trust you enough for that to be honest", Blaise says sarcastically.

Draco begins to lead us out of his room, down the stairs and into the garden. He then walks completely out of the manor, us following behind him.
"Are you sure were allowed to just leave without telling anyone?", Blaise begins to worry.
"No. Father wont mind. Probably won't even notice", Draco mutters, his face falls a bit at the end of his sentence.
I grab his snow white hand in mine and he looks up at me surprised.
I look over at Blaise and grab his hand too with my free one.

I start to run, pulling the boys along with me.
I have no idea where we're going, Draco was meant to lead the way.
"(Y/N)", I hear them shout.
"KEEP RUNNING!", I shout.
And they listen. We run through fields, and roads and bushes, under trees and clouds until we reach a little stream.

"Was that really necessary?", Blaise pants holding onto Draco who's smiling up to his eyebrows.
I love seeing him happy.
"Of course you had to take the lead", Draco rolls his eyes.
"What's that supposed to mean?", I say cheekily.
"You trying to train us up before the new school year or something (Y/N)?", Blaise jokes.
"Something like that", I retort.
"I still want to show you something", Draco says and starts walking around the flowing stream.
I follow him, walking beside a sweaty, recovering Blaise.

We walk for around ten minutes until we reach a small round cave, with a river flowing beside it. Trees are resting above it, blowing in the gentle breeze and there's rocks sitting at the entrance of the cave with little markings on them like the letter "D" and a small drawing of a snake.

"Wow", Blaise says.
"I come here all the time", Draco begins.
"When I'm home of course. To think and stuff. Or when, you know, things get hectic at home. I just come and sit out here. Sometimes I swim, other times I just sit and listen to the trees or the water. It's really comforting", he sits down on one of the rocks.

"When I was younger, Mother used to bring me here. Especially when the...", he pauses.
I sit down next to him and make room for Blaise.
"When the people used to come over for meetings.", he looks down at his feet.
"People?", Blaise says confused.
"Death eaters", he turns his head toward us to see our reaction.
"Death eaters?", Blaise says alarmed.
I've only ever heard that word once when Mother and Father were fighting.
Mother was upset with Father for bringing the "death eaters" into our house while I was there. I remember Father saying, "She'll find out soon enough. When she's ready to be one of us".
I never asked what that meant. I knew they'd be mad at me for listening in but it always bothered me.
"Draco", I begin.
"What exactly is a death eater?".
Blaise looks at me as if I'm insane.
"How do you not know?", he exclaims.
"I just don't", I sigh.
I feel as though I don't know anything anymore.
"Followers of him", Draco says.
"The dark lord", he lowers his voice as if someone might hear him.

A shiver travels down my back and I feel sick to my stomach. I get up off the rock and make my way out of the cave.
How could this be true?
Why would my parents be associated with death eaters?
No it can't be true. Draco must be wrong. I refuse to believe him.
"That's a lie", I say angrily.
"No it's not (Y/N)", he says gently, getting up too.
"Yes it is", my voice grows louder.
"Your parents are the same as mine. The same as Blaise's. I know it's a shock but..."
Blaise seems to be figuring something out in his head.
"No", I cut him off.
"They are not...my parents are not...they couldn't be", I take a few steps away from the boys.
Images flash through my head. It's all clicking together, the strange meetings, the secrets, the constant concern for my safety. Maybe this is why Dumbledore wanted to talk to my parents.
I trip over a rock behind me and fall over, my hand cushioning the fall but landing on a piece of sharp glass.
"OW!", I scream in pain.
"(Y/N)! Are you okay"?", Blaise shouts as blood begins to pour out of the fresh wound in my palm.
I try to wipe it off of my pants as Draco rushes over and tries to help.
"I'm fine. I need to go", I look around frantically and leave.

I can't think of anything to do except run.
So I run, this time not with the boys, away from them.
I don't want to accept it. I wont accept it. I'll just run. I'll keep running until I reach the edge of the world.