Tom Riddles Diary

I wake up early in the morning in a cold sweat. My bedsheets are tangled beneath me and it takes me a while to catch my breath. I rub my eyes and scenes from my nightmare come rushing back. Hermione, Ron and Harry were inside the chamber, trapped and not moving and it had been me that had put them there. The chamber looked real and scary and it confused me immensely because I have no idea where the chamber is nor what it looks like.
I get up and hurriedly get dressed trying to put the image out of my mind.

My first instinct is to tell the boys but then I have second thoughts.
What will they think of me when I tell them that I had a dream I was the heir of Slytherin. I'm almost certain they'd think I'd lost my mind.

I meet Draco in the library to discuss the book we've found. Blaise is still snoring happily in bed.
Draco is sitting near the back covering the book with his hands and making sure it stays discreet.
I go to sit next to him, trying not to seem too suspicious.
"Morning", he yawns.
"How'd you sleep?", I ask.
"Good but I'm still tired. What about you", he asks.
Images of last nights dream flash back and forth in my mind.
I shudder ever so slightly, "Perfect", I say far too enthusiastically. "Well, I mean. Not perfect but good", I stutter.
Draco looks at me with one eyebrow raised, the way he always does when he suspects something.
"Alright then", he says dismissing my weird behaviour.
He opens the book flat on the desk and we scan through it together, our faces so close they almost touch.
As we flick through we realise there is nothing in the book about the location of the chamber.
"It could be anywhere", I say.
"Most likely its hidden with a spell or something. A spell only the heir of Slytherin knows", Draco says thinking.
"It might not be the heir of Slytherin", I blurt out suddenly.
"Huh?", Draco says.
"Isn't that too obvious?", I say.
"Are you alright (Y/N)", Draco asks, raising his eyebrows once again.
I sigh and slip down into my chair.
"No. I had a stupid dream", I admit.
"I'm listening", he says.
"I had a dream I was the heir of Slytherin", I whisper.
"What?".
"I know. It was scary, it seemed so real and I was the one opened the chamber and everything".
"That's stupid", Draco says.
"Is it?".
"Of course it is. (Y/N) you're not the heir of Slytherin. You just had a bad dream. Whoever is doing all this is a bad person and you're one of the few people I know that is completely good", he takes my hand in his.
"I just don't know. I'm scared Draco. So much keeps happening and it always seems to happen to us".
"I'm scared too but we'll do this together. You and me and Blaise whenever he decides to wake up", he grins and I laugh.
I grab Draco and hug him. "Thank you", I say and I kiss him on the cheek.
Draco's face suddenly fills with colour and I laugh.
"Are you okay?", I ask.
"I'm really good actually", he smiles.

At the dinner table that evening Blaise sheds some light on the situation.
"My potatoes are dry".
I roll my eyes. "Thank you for being so helpful Blaise", I say.
"I can't think if Im hungry can I?", he defends himself.
"You can't think full-stop", Draco taunts.
"If it was any other day I would retaliate but right now I'm far too tired and overall upset about my potatoes being dry", Blaise says as he takes a massive bite.
"Don't worry Blaise, no more late nights. We do have to try and find the chamber though", I say.
"Ah yes and get ourselves killed. Great idea", Blaise protests.
"What do you suggest we do instead then?", Draco snaps.
"Mhm", Blaise puts his knife and fork down to think.
"Maybe try and find the heir first? If we can stop them then no one gets trapped inside the chamber and we can stay away from it entirely", he says.
"Not a bad idea", I add.
"Okay. Well how are we supposed to find the heir Blaise huh?", Draco asks.
"We've got to find out who opened it before. They must have some kind of connection to this new person.", Blaise suggests.
"And how do we find that out?, Draco says frustrated.
"Mate I'm just trying to help".
"None of this is helping. It's just making me realise how useless we really are in all this".
"Maybe we should take a break", I say.
"A break?", Blaise says confused.
"None of this is helping. We're all stressed and we can't solve anything this way.", I sigh.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap Blaise", Draco begins.
"I'm sorry guys but I need to go lay down or something", I say feeling my mouth dry up and my head becoming heavy.
"(Y/N)", they shout after me but I don't look back.

I run up the stairs straight to the girls bathroom on the second floor, convinced I'm about to throw up.
I bolt into one of the cubicles and slam the door shut. Just as I'm about to throw up, I spot a black leather book inside the toilet, floating on top of the water.
Curious and dazed, I reach in to grab the diary.
I open it and the water slides off the page.
On the inside the name, "Tom Marvolo Riddle", is written on the first page.
"What the?", I say.
I grab the diary and place it under my robes. I know I shouldn't steal someone's diary but it was left in such a peculiar place that something draws me to it.
Maybe the diary will help get my mind off things.

I make my way back to the dorms and I open up the first page.