Sweetness

I wake up feeling exhausted despite going to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I cried myself to sleep last night and i can feel a headache forming as soon as I sit up. I feel sick at the thought of facing people today but i know i have to go to class. School is getting more important for me and i need to focus on something or i will probably go insane.

Clothes, hair, makeup. The same cycle i repeat each day. As i apply mascara to my eyelashes i begin to wonder what Draco is doing right now. Is he still in bed? Is he getting dressed or taking a shower? I'm not sure why i care but the thought of him getting ready comforts me. Something about him doing mundane daily tasks makes me feel happy. Watching him taking care of himself mesmerizes me. I realize how weird this is and shut my thoughts off as i begin to walk downstairs.

As i'm walking, a fellow Slytherin stops me. Pansy Parkinson.
"(Y/N)!", she cries, taking me by surprise. Pansy and I have exchanged about three sentences since we arrived at Hogwarts despite us sharing a dorm together. She is known as the leader of the Slytherin girls in my year and i've avoided her for as long as possible as she is known to gossip, something that i have no time for.
I stop and turn to her, "Pansy. Good morning", I smile politely.
"How are you? Are you enjoying fourth year?", she asks.
"Well...i'm finding it good but-", she interrupts me.
"Great! That's amazing! I was wondering if i could talk to you about something?", She attempts to come across as subtle and its quite amusing to me.
"Go ahead", i continue to walk.
"So i've heard a lot of rumors...", she begins.
"I bet you have Pansy", I say in my head.
"About you and Cedric. I was wondering if you two are going out? It's all anyone's talking about!".
My heart pangs with anxiety. Great, so that means Draco has heard about it. Why the fuck is she asking me this?
"We went on a date yes, but no, we are not going out", i respond plainly. She waits for me to add more detail, which she was probably expecting.
"Great! I'm so happy for you! He's absolutely gorgeous!", she continues.
I force a smile.
"So now that you and Cedric are getting so close, i was wondering if you wouldn't mind mentioning me to Draco?", She says.
Ah, there it is. The real reason she wanted to talk to me.
"Why the hell would i mind?", I say, flustered.
"Well, we all assumed you and Draco had a thing going. Like, you're so close and all that but now that it's clear that's not the case i was hoping you wouldn't mind..."
"There is absolutely nothing going on between me and Draco Malfoy", I snap.
"Okay... so would you mind mentioning me to him? You know, as you're his closest friend, you could put in a good word for me", She says in a sickly sweet tone.
"Cant you do it yourself?", i say walking faster.
"God, it's just a lot easier this way don't you get it?Why are you being so weird about it?", She finally drops the nice act.
"No, i most certainly don't get it. And if you want to talk to Draco that bad pluck up some courage and do it yourself. Draco hates cowards", I spit, leaving her shocked and dumbfounded. No one talks to Pansy Parkinson that way.
"That was rude", i think to myself as i walk away.
I'm not sure what's gotten into me.

Dracos POV:
I wonder if she'll sit with us this morning. God i hope she's not gonna pull a classic (Y/N) and not speak to me for weeks. I cant handle that right now.
"Mate? Are you gonna eat?", Blaise asks.
"Not hungry", I push the plate away.
"Right", Blaise puts his knife and fork down formally.
"What's up?", he asks. How does he always know?
He stares at me, a concerned expression painted on his face.
"You're a great friend you know that", I say suddenly.
Blaises face lights up and he leans over the table and grabs me, forcing me into a suffocating hug.
"Alright alright. You can fuck off now", i say pulling away, grinning.
"I love you too mate", he smiles.
"Are you alright though?", he asks.
"Me and (Y/N) just had a little disagreement".
"Oh no".
"I think it's fine", i say.
"I hope it's fine", i think.

There she is. (Y/N). She sits down across from me, next to Blaise.
"Hello", i murmur.
"Hi". She smiles weakly.
Blaises eyes flicker between the both of us and he gets up dramatically.
"I'm just gonna um...nip to the loo", he walks away.
"I'm sorry", we say in unison.
She laughs and looks down.
"You have nothing to be sorry about. I just got...overprotective that's all", I say quietly.
She looks up at me, her eyes wide.
"It's okay. Let's forget about it", she begins to eat.
"So...how was your date?", I ask.
"It was good. I have news for you", she says.
For a moment i think she's going to tell me she's done with Cedric and has realized how much of a twat he is.
"Pansy Parkinson asked me to mention her to you".
Oh.
"I think she likes you, you know, properly".
She doesn't look happy about telling me this and something inside me twists.
"And?", i say.
"That's it".
"Oh", i say quietly.
"I have my eyes elsewhere", i say without thinking twice.
She stares at me, her eyes flicker and she pushes hair out of her face nervously. If i could I would lean over and kiss her. The urge is so strong that i almost forget myself and do it anyways.
"Well that's too bad", she says and a small smile forms across her face.
"It really is", i say sadly, because a part of me wishes i could settle for someone like Pansy. Someone easy to please and someone who worships the ground i walk on. But i cant.
"I'm back from the um...loo", Blaise says sitting down.
"Good to know", I say.
Blaise sits upward uncomfortably as he tries to navigate the situation he has entered.
"Did you hear the news?", (Y/N) asks him.
"Parkinson fancies me", i grin.
"Oh yeah? You gonna go for it?", Blaise asks.
"No. Not a chance", i say truthfully.
"I don't blame you. The girls a bloody nightmare", He says crunching his toast.
"She's a nosy cow", (Y/N) blurts.
"Is that so?", i laugh.
"I spoke to her for five minutes and wanted to die".
Blaise chuckles, toast bits flying everywhere.
Classic Blaise.

(Y/N)'s POV:
After all my classes are done, everyone heads to the Goblet of fire to watch people throwing their slips in. Fred and George use an aging potion to attempt to fool the Goblet but it results in disaster of course and they are both left with two very long, grey beards.
Viktor Krum puts his in next, the room goes silent. Viktor has that effect on people.
I catch Hermione watching him intently, and blushing. I have never seen her look like that before.
I smile happily to myself.
"(Y/N)", Cedric comes over to me.
"Cedric", i smile.
"I'm about to put my name in", he grins.
"Are you sure about this?", i ask.
"I find it sweet that you care so much but yes, i am sure", he kisses me on the cheek and walks up to the goblet.
Everyone watches silently as he walks up to the cup and places his name inside. Hufflepuff cheer loudly and many slap Cedric on the back, proudly. I clap wildly until he disappears into a crowd of boys.
"How do you feel about that then?", Blaise whispers.
"Worried", i admit.
"He'll be fine. Underneath that perfectly clear skin and those chiseled abs is a monster of a man", Blaise chuckles.
"Are you sure you're not trying to steal him away from me or something", i ask, amused.
"Hey, can't a man appreciate another man without being gay?", He sighs.
"You make me look bad everyday Blaise".
"No one could make you look bad. You're literally like one of the fucking disciples except if they had magical abilities.".
"One of the what?", i ask.
"Sorry, muggle studies thing", he laughs.
"I'm gonna find Ced", i say, getting up.
"Ced??", Blaise screams.
"Cedric".
"CED!", he bellows.
"Piss off".
"Little wittle baby Ced", he teases.
"Goodbye Blaise".

Cedric is sitting on one of the benches outside and as i approach him he immediately says goodbye to his friends and walks towards me.
"So it's official now", I smile.
"It is", He grins.
"You still worried about me?".
"I think you'll be just fine. As Blaise says you are a monster of a man", i giggle.
"He said that?", Cedric asks, amused.
"Amongst many other things, yes".
"He's not wrong you know".
"Okay shut up now".
"Or what?".
"I'll...", i think.
"You'll?".
"I don't even know. I'll punch you".
"Oh my. You're going to punch me?", he smirks.
"If you don't stop".
With no warning he grabs me, picks me up and carries me, running through the castle.
"CEDRIC! PUT ME DOWN!", i shout.
He runs until we reach the lake just outside of the school.
"Cedric don't you dare", I say sternly.
He holds me dangerously close to the pond.
"CEDRIC!".
He pretends to drop me and I scream.
He laughs and puts me down.
I push him. "Did you really think i'd let you fall?", he says, laughing.
"YES!", i shout.
"I would never do such a thing", he says laying down on the grass.
"You're an idiot".
"Maybe. But i'm your idiot", he grins.
I lay down next to him. If i don't ask now i never will.
"Are you?", i ask.
"Have i not made that obvious enough?", he laughs.
I smile.
He leans in and kisses me softly, his hand on my cheek. I kiss him back, craving his touch.
"Does that answer your question?", he strokes the side of my face.
"Yes.", i press my forehead against his, admiring his eyes and his nose and his dimples and everything about him.
"I'm yours (Y/N)", he says seriously this time.
"And i'm yours Cedric".
We stare at each other listening to our hearts beating.
As i lie there, my eyes on his, i wonder how long this sweetness will last.