He turned my head side to side slowly, prior to brushing his lips against my forehead in a gentle kiss and speaking against it,

"Heavy emotionally. Something's weighing on you." It wasn't a question, just a statement with no judgement, no expectation.

I breathed in his scent as I contemplated his words with my nose only a couple inches from his heated, accommodating body.

It was clear that he didn't actually expect me to tell him unless I wanted to. Justice simply wanted to acknowledge the tension and left the rest to me.

He gave me room to breathe. It was refreshing while also filling me with more guilt.

Why'd he have to understand me? Why couldn't I hide from him?

"I'm hungry." I replied, taking the space he was offering, and he nodded while leading me around the car and preceding to open my door for me.

I don't know why it still surprised me, maybe because my traitorous mind couldn't delight too long. Good always had an expiration date in my life, and it felt...weird to let Justice be the exception.

Hard to acknowledge because I knew if I did, Justice would be imprinted in me. He would always be the exception and that was too dangerous to even contemplate.

My mind wandered as we rode together, plastic bags full of food sliding in the backseat with the car's movements.

I was still trying to decide if I should tell him about my impromptu sleepover, and my thoughts practically blocked out the world as I weighed my options.

Only Justice's presence was not one to be ignored.

Even unconsciously, I was constantly aware of him. My body would lean toward him or my eyes would wander in his direction without ever intending to. He was everywhere when we were in a room together.

It was even worse when we were in the car together.

Thoroughly distracted, I didn't even notice when Justice ascended the parking garage of our college's apartment building. I only realized when he continued driving even after we passed plenty of spaces on the third floor.

He didn't stop until we were at the top, and the sky was opened to us once more. The car finally slowed to a stop in one of the garage's corners before Justice killed the engine.

As he started to get out the car, I opened my own door and was startled when I came face to face with a displeased Justice.

His body advanced on mine until it was pressed closely against my front while my back was firmly against the car door I'd just exited. I was stunned with how quickly he'd been able to round the car to get to me.

"I don't know who you been around, but you don't touch doors around me." He said with his fingers gently pressing my hip while his other arm bent to place his face right in front of mine.

Each breath he exhaled was inhaled into me, and his firmness contrasted and complemented my softness in the best ways.

I stared at him, taking the moment of scolding to marvel at his features and he did the same.

His locs were down today and framed his sharp jawline that was currently clenched. My favorite mole that rested just a little before the corner of his lip captured my attention.