A>

Misery Moore

Misery Moore.

1 Month Later...

I blinked slowly as I tried not to fall asleep. I was laying on my gray rug that was on the left side of my bed.

I had a habit of falling asleep on it. Usually I didn't mind because the rug was comfortable and naps on a rug were always the best. But I had plans today. It still feels weird to say that, but yeah, plans.

"I know you are not sleeping at this time of day?" I heard as my room door opened. I quickly jumped up. "No ma'am" I answered with no emotion. "I'm doing another double, don't make me punish you when I get home" I heard her tone and felt my heartbeat increase. "Yes ma'am" I nod.

She left the door open and I heard her footsteps as she walked down the stairs. The front door opened. When I heard it close, my body dropped from its posture. I took a deep breath and laid back on the rug.

Before I could get back comfortable, I heard my phone ding. I grabbed it from under the bed.

A smirk on my face as I looked at the picture Jordan sent me. It was a picture of her left leg showing in a bubble filled bath.

'Can't wait to see you later 💦' as the following message.

I was cheesing so hard the corners of my mouth started hurting.

My face went back straight as another message popped up. It was from Jules. "Are you still coming?" She texted, and I looked at the time. Sitting up, I texted her back and said I was on the way. Using my bed to get up and hearing my bones starting to crack.

I walked into the bathroom and turned on the faucet. Grabbed my face towel and put it under the luke warm, soon to be hot water. Squeezed most of the water out and turned off the faucet. I rewashed my face, just in case.

I put cream, then a little foundation on a few days old bruise that was where my sideburns should be. It was from Blair hitting my face with the nob on the kitchen cabinet. I sighed as I thought about it and put everything that I used up.

I slid on my converse's. Put my black zipped jacket over my white tee, then this chain that Jordan had gotten me for our one month anniversary. Grabbed my phone, water bottle and left.

I made it to Jules's house about 10 minutes later, I wasn't walking the fastest. I wasn't in a super rush to see her.

Knocked on the door and a few seconds Jules dad opened the door. He smiled, "I would hug you but uh" he had on a grease filled jumpsuit and dirty gloves. "It's coo Mr. T" I replied, and he nodded, smiling at me again. "Why my door open and my heat on?" I heard Jules mom and shook my head. "Sorry babe" Mr. T made the oops face and I just continued to shake my head.