A

Misery Moore

"GIVE ME AN L" "L" I mumbled as I watched Jules and her team cheer. The gym was filled with sweaty teens and their parents, and I hated it. I hated how loud it was. I hated the smell. The only thing making me stay was Jules, I slightly smiled at the thought of Jules.

I looked at the time and noticed it was almost halftime, and a smirk made its way to onto my face. I had to pee. When I saw the girls start to sit down, I stood up and walked down there. "Misery" "heyy" a few of the girls greeted me as they eyed me.

I could feel their eyes, and it only made me self conscious. "Hello" I mumbled and gave the girls a closed smile. I knew they were only saying hi because I'm besties with Jules. It didn't bother me though, I wasn't a huge fan of them either.

"Missy" Jules noticed the discomfort of my face and moved me away from the girls. "What's wrong? You good?" Jules asked drinking her water.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just wanted to let you know I was going to the restroom. I didn't want you to think I just left" I explained and Jules nodded. She was most likely remembering the time she looked for me all over the school. I still feel guilty about that, even though she told me not to.

"Want me to go with?" Jules asked, pointing towards the bathrooms. "No, it's fine. I know y'all have to preform and stuff" Jules nodded and watched me as I walked out the gym.

I stared at myself in the mirror as I finished drying my hands. "You really need your hair done" I mumbled as I looked at my locs that definitely needed a retwist. "I think they look fine" I heard from behind me and I jumped.

I looked in the mirror and saw a teenage girl coming out the stall. 'I could've sworn nobody was in here' I thought. The girl chuckled at my confusion, and I slightly rolled my eyes as she washed her hands. "What I said still stands. They don't look that bad" the girl glanced at my hair and I just nod, not believing the strange girl.

"You're Jules best friend, right?" The girl asked, which didn't shock me, since people only really talk to me when it involves Jules. "Yup. She doesn't play for your team though" I stated as I glanced at how the girl was dressed. She did look good though, I can't lie.

"What's your name?" The girl asked, and I wanted to ask why, but I really didn't feel the need to be difficult. I barely had enough energy to carry on this conversation.

"Misery" I replied, ready for the questions. "Hmm, that's interesting. I'm Alana" she said, shocking me when she didn't ask any questions. 'That's the first' I thought. "Do you go to school here?" I asked, confused on why I've never seen this girl, but she looks so familiar. "Um, I'm on the basketball team" Alana replied.

"Ohh. Shouldn't you be out there" I replied, knowing the basketball team can only use the locker room bathrooms when they're playing. "I should. I'm gonna" Alana motioned to the door while smirking. I  glanced at her as she stood by the door and threw her paper towel into the trash can, making it. Alana waved, "bye sunshine" and walked out.

I rolled my eyes, "show off" I mumbled and tried to ignore the name she called me but also try to remember where I remember it from. I failed at remembering and got annoyed. I groaned and walked out of the bathroom, heading back to the gym.

2**^**2**^**2

After the basketball game.

I leaned on the front of Juleses car as I waited for her to get dressed then take me home. I told her I could walk, but she looked offended that I suggested it, so I took it back, and now I've been sitting on her car for the past 10 or so minutes.

I wrapped my arms around myself and looked at the ground. I was trying hard not to fidget or walk in circles. There were kids and their parents walking to their cars, and I didn't want to look weird or like something was wrong with me. They wouldn't be wrong, but I didn't want to give them even more reasoning to look at me.

I released a deep sigh as I saw Jules walking out of the school. Cheer bag on her shoulder, hair in a curly, half up and down. She was so pretty.

"What?" She smiled, flipping her hair off her shoulder. "Nothing. Thank you for not taking forever" I mumbled, and she nodded, unlocking the car.

"Are you sure you want me to take you home? The team invited you to come" she said as she pulled out. "Mhm" was all I said, I didn't feel like talking.

I was uncomfortable, not of Jules, but in general. All I wanted was to go home and huddle in a ball.

"Did I do something?" Jules asked, looking from back and forth from the road to me. "You didn't, I'm just tired" I mumbled. She nodded "okay" she looked sad, and it made me feel worse, so I definitely wanted to go home and pretend I wasn't a shitty friend.
************************************************
I missed last week's update so I re-edited this and made it longer. 💘