I*

Misery Moore

Misery Moore

The next morning, I left from Jules's house. Took my medicine, took a shower, then decided to take a nap. When I woke up, there was a message from Alana.

She wanted to meet at the park at 4, and it was 2:10. I groaned and turned over to go back to sleep. I closed my eyes, but my sleep never came. There were so many thoughts running through my head. I wanted to know why she wanted to see me. Was she going to tell me finally the truth, and why did I care so much?

All my questions stopped when I heard my stomach growling. I opened my eyes and glanced around my room before slowly sitting up. I rubbed my eyes and wiped them as they got watery. As I got out the bed, I heard different parts of my body crack. I made it to the bathroom, peed, washed my hands then started brushing my teeth. I washed my face, then put cream on all of my old and new bruises.

I decided to go downstairs. When I touched the last step, I looked around the living room and listened closely to see if Blair was home. She wasn't.

I walked into the kitchen and went directly to the pantry. I smiled when I saw the granola bars. Grabbed two of those, and a banana, then went into the fridge and grabbed a water bottle.

I walked back upstairs and sat on my bedroom floor as I laid everything out.

I sat on the floor, and listened to music as I ate.

3:28 pm.

30 minutes had passed, and I was now laying on my stomach. My eyes were closed and White Ferrari by Frank Ocean was playing lowly. My eyes went to the clock as its alarm went off. I had an old-fashioned clock. The ones I saw in the teen movies I watched while in the hospital.

4:00 pm.

I got off the floor and stretched. I threw all my trash in my trash can. Then walked to my closet and grabbed the first outfit I saw.

My navy blue aero sweatsuit and a white tee. I put everything on, including my white Air Force 1s. I spayed some water and oil on my locs, then grabbed my phone.

I walked back downstairs and grabbed another water bottle, then left.

4:20 pm.

I looked around the park and it was kinda packed, but I expected that on a Saturday.

I walked to one of the two empty benches. I sat down and continued to glance around. I didn't see Alana anywhere. I was about to get on my phone when I heard my name being called from behind me.

"Misery. Mis- Hi" I turned around to face Jordan. She was smiling at me, her happiness was so noticeable. I liked it, a lot.

"Hey Jordan" "what you up to?" She asked "nothing, just meeting someone" I replied, and she smirked. I had to look away from her for a few seconds. "Why are you here?" I asked, and she tapped on the basketball that was under her arm. "Playing with my brothers" she told me. I nodded, "good luck" I told her.

"Can I have a hug? You know, you might got some extra luck" she asked, biting her lip. "Um y- yeah" I replied, suddenly nervous. I got up from the table, and we walked closer to each other.

I placed my hands on her hips and leaned down as she wrapped her hands around my neck. She smelled good, like something fruity. No pun intended.

I didn't know how long the hug was supposed to be, so I just counted the seconds in my head.

"I gotta go, but thank you" I heard in my ear and I got a feeling in my stomach. I felt a kiss on my cheek as she pulled away, "bye" she said as I just stood there with a stupid smile on my face.

I watched as she walked to a group of boys, and they looked to be teasing her. I tried to hide my staring, but I ended up watching them until they went in the direction of the basketball court.

I glanced around the park again, and it looked like more people had come. But still no Alana, and it was almost 5.

4:50 pm.

How is she gonna tell me to meet her somewhere at a specific time, and she isn't even here on time. What type of shit. This is why I hate people now.

I people watched for a few minutes and I tried to come up with stories about their lives. "She's definitely in an argument with someone" I mumbled as I watched a girl type hard on her phone. "And she don't look like she's winning" I chuckled then quickly stopped when I felt a presence close to me.

"Sunshine" I heard lowly, and I turned my head to see Alana. I lightly flinched at the sound of her voice, but I don't think she noticed. "Alana" I said and she smiled.

"You know It's okay to call me Lana" she told me and I nodded. I wasn't, I hated nicknames. "Why are you so late?" I asked her, "damn, can I get a how are you? How've you be-" "No. I could've still been in bed" I told her. "That's fair" she nodded, then eyed me.

"Why do you always have on a hoodie?" "Shut up" I rolled my eyes. "Make me" "and how do I do that?" I replied and she laughed.

"You look nice though" "thank you..." I could feel the hairs on my neck stand up.

I cleared my throat, "why did you want to meet?" I asked, noticing she was clearly trying to stall. "I wanted to apologize for how I acted that day in the bathroom. I don't usually act like that, and I'm sorry" she apologized, and I looked at her.

"I was going through some family stuff and I got my phone taken so that's why I wasn't answering you" she explained. "Forgive me?" She asked, her eyes getting a little wider. "Sure" I nodded and she smiled wildly.

"Good cause I missed you" she told me. I eyed her face to see if she was telling the truth, and I got no indication she wasn't. "I might've missed you too" I mumbled. She laughed, "you know you missed me" she winked at me. I shook my head while trying to hide my smile.

"What time is it?" She asked me and I looked at my phone.

5:24 pm.

"Fuck. I gotta go" she told me with a panicked look on her face. I guess I looked confused because she told me "I'm actually supposed to be cleaning, but I had to come see you" and my heart felt warm.

"It's okay, go. We'll talk later" I told her. She smiled at me, "ima try to sneak my phone" she said. I nodded, and we made eye contact one more time before she started walking away.

I watched her as she walked away, and I noticed someone. Jordan. She was walking in the direction of me while Alana was walking away. They were side by side.

I don't know why, but I felt relief when they didn't acknowledge each other.

I looked away before I could get caught staring, and I eyed the park. I sighed and eventually got up. I began to walk back home, hoping to make it back home before Blair.

I thankfully did. I took off my slightly wet clothes and took a quick shower. The shower made me sleepy, so I got in bed and I stared at the ceiling until I eventually fell asleep.
************************************************
I might change my update days to Friday idk yet. Also this book isn't just 1 love interest but it's also not a love triangle. Byeee 🐥