I>

Misery Moore.

"I really don't think you hate everything" Alana told me as she tapped on the bench we were sitting on. "Really? Why is that?" I asked and she snickered. "Because it's literally impossible, it also sounds very dramatic" she shook her head as she smiled.

"Impossible by whose standards?" I asked as I threw a little pebble back into the pond. "Literally everybody, but it's cute to see you stick to your belief" she nods. "I try" I replied, while shrugging.

"This a whole turn in a different conversation, but do you know how to ask a girl out? Or like how should I tell a girl I like her" I asked nervously. I tried to ask google, but it kept saying error, so I gave up and decided to ask a real person.

"You like someone?" Lana asked, eyeing me, which made me even more nervous. "I think" I shrugged. "If you have to 'think' do you really like her?" "Maybe, maybe not, but my case isn't like most people. I've only been around mentally ill kids most of my life and there's no time for crushes and stuff like that, so I've never known what that feels like, so there's a chance that my 'think' means something" I informed her.

I've never had a normal or good childhood. They were taken away from me the moment I came out of my mother's vagina. It was almost as if I was never supposed to have one.

"I like that" Lana said, knocking me out of my heavy thoughts. "Like what?" I questioned, "that you're opening up to me more, I was starting to think you forgot about little ole me" she playfully pouted. I playfully rolled my eyes. "I could never forget about you" "yeah, it's quite impossible. I'll always be in the back of your mind" "exactly"

I cleared my throat as I felt some type of tension.

"I think it's you who forget about me" I brought up, and she laughed. "Nah, I just don't be around as much, got some things going on at home" she revealed. "Damn, are you okay?" I asked, it seemed like the appropriate response.

I'm getting better at talking to people. Thank you, YouTube.

"Yeah, just keep my family in your prayers" she told me. I began to nod then stopped- what the hell is prayers.

"Um, what does prayer mean and how do I keep you in them?" I asked and she started laughing so hard. "You have to be joking" she eyed me like she was trying to see if I was. She must've gotten her answer because she stopped laughing.

"Oh damn. They fucked you up in there sunshine" she tried to hold in her laugh but failed. "It's okay, give me a hug?" She put her hands out, and I shook my head. "No" I playfully rolled my eyes. She scooted closer to me and I scooted away.

She got closer, and I eventually got up and ran. Not thinking she would chase me, but she proved me wrong.

She ended up chasing me all around the pound. I'm sure we looked like little kids being bad as shit from the amount of stares we got.

About an hour after that, I made it back home.

I braced myself as I walked into the house. I walked in and eyed every space I could see. I quickly went to my room and took off my nice jacket to put on my rusty one. I went to go pee and when I came out, my mother was eyeing the things on my dresser.

"Are you about to do your chores?" She asked, and I nodded "yes ma'am" I answered quickly. "Well alright then" she eyed my room then left out. I released a huge breath that I was holding in.