I

-A little long one 🤟🏿

Misery Moore.

I woke up with a horrible headache. I was home and Blair was rudely blasting music at 6 am. I groaned into my pillow when I realized it wasn't gonna completely block out the sound.

I grabbed my secret phone and FaceTimed Jules, already knowing she was in a deep sleep. We fell asleep on the phone, well she forced me to, but still. After 3 rings, Jules answered, groaning into the phone. "I don't mean to wake you. I just have a horrible headache and Blair is blasting music" I explained.

Jules's head immediately lifted, and she tried to hide her look of pity and nodded. "You want me to tell ma to pick you up?" Jules asked. I shook my head as I got out of my bed.

"No I'll walk. I don't wanna wake your parents" I said as I put on a random black hoodie. "Are you sure?" Jules asked skeptical. It wasn't a far walk, but it was also way too early for my bony ass to be walking alone. "Yeah, I'm sure" I was okay with walking. "Okay I'll see you when you get here Missy" Jules hung up, and I snuck out my window, down the ladder then started my 15 minute walk.

I loved how the sky looked this early. I only hated the sky when the sun was completely out. I observed the cars as they drove past. I wished to have a car, but I knew that would never happen. Blair would never allow it.

I heard a ringing sound and looked around, and my eyes widened as a huge brown dog ran full force my way. I didn't know weather to run or just continue walking, so I froze. I know it was stupid asf. The dog came up to me and sniffed me, then licked me. "I'm soooo sorryyy she ran away while I was tying my shoe" I heard.

A teenage girl with exercise clothes on ran over and grabbed the dog. I glanced at the girl and what caught my attention was her voice, I recognized it from somewhere.

It was the mysterious bathroom girl's voice.

"Alana right?" I asked and hoped I was right. I did not want to look like a fool.

"How'd y- oh hi Misery" Alana eyed me then smiled, dimples showing, eyes wide. I was suddenly worried about the rusty hoodie I had on. "Hey" I mumbled, "why are you up this early? Are you okay?" She asked with a warm smile, and it made my stomach flutter, well I think it did. I've never had them before, but I used to read about them in books.

"I'm just going for a walk, and I'm okay. Are you okay?" I replied, and she nodded. "I see you took my advice and didn't redo your hair" She glanced at my hair and I nodded. I actually was about to do my hair, but before I could, I got in trouble, so I just went to sleep. I took it as a sign and decided to do it another day.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that" I mumbled, and she nodded, biting her lip.

"Well I'm gonna go, see you the next time we bump into each other again" Alana said as her and her dog slowly walked past me. "Yeah" I mumbled. "Bye sunshine" she eyed me again, then jogged away with her dog.

I put my sleeve covered hand over my mouth and shook my head, trying to wipe the smile off my face. I haven't smiled this hard in a while, and I didn't know if I liked it.

I continued my walk to Juleses house and made it 5 minutes later. Jules was walking out her house, bonnet still on, her ladybug house shoes on, keys in hand. She looked like she was on a mission. I mentally smiled at her acts.

"Where are you going?" I asked, and she jumped, hitting me in my arm.

"Oh my gosh. You had me worried, so I was gonna go see what held you up" Jules explained. She eyed me, I knew she was trying to see if I got injured. She was so sweet to me, I didn't deserve it.

We walked into her house. "My bad, I got caught up in the sky. It's so pretty" I said, not telling her the whole truth. She didn't question it and just nodded, and I liked that. I could tell she was sleepy, and I started to feel bad.

"I'm s-" "don't apologize, I'm not mad. I was just concerned, the good kind" she gave me a little smile.

She got into her bed, "cuddle?" She lifted the blanket. I nodded, taking off my shoes and climbing into the bed. I laced our hands together, kissing the back of hers.

"I love you" "I love you more Missy"

2**^**2**^**2

10:43 am.

I was woken up to being hit in the head with a pillow and I glared at the teenage girl who was now dressed in an all pink two-piece set. Before I could threaten her, she smiled at me and told me "there's food downstairs" and 90% of my annoyance at her went away.

I sat up and was about to walk to the bathroom, "next time you won't be so lucky" I told her as I slightly bumped into her. I kissed her naked shoulder and walked into her bathroom.

"Weren't you supposed to go help the Saturday kids at school?" I asked as I walked out the bathroom. Jules was sitting on the edge of her bed and she was scrolling on what I think was Instagram. I didn't know the Instagram format. "I was, but I told mom that you needed me today" she said, looking up at me and my annoyance was 100% back.

I didn't say anything else, and I just left her room. I wanted to leave at the exact moment, but I wasn't gonna disrespect her parents, no matter what I felt in the moment. "Good morning" I greeted as I stood in the entrance of the kitchen. "Good morning" "good morning M" they greeted back. "Do you want anything to eat?" Her mother asked, and I shook my head no. "No, ma'am, I'm about to just head home. I'm sorry for coming to your home as early as I did" I apologized, and they looked at each other then at me.

"Don't apologize M. You know you're allowed over always" her dad said, and her mom nodded, co-signing. I nodded, I've been friends with Jules for years, but I was always apologizing for everything I did or said, it's a habit I learned and hated. I nodded again, "I'm gonna head out, I hope y'all enjoy your day" I said, and they smiled at me. I took that as my cue and pulled my slightly sagging pants back up, turning around and going to the door.

"I'm sorry" Jules said as we met at the end of the stairs. "You don't even know what you're apologizing for" I shook my head and opened the door. "I'll see you later, Jules" I mumbled and left.

On my way home, I saw the same brown dog from earlier, but this time it wasn't Alana walking it. The woman was now white and an older woman. I shrugged and continued to walk home.

M.M