T+

Misery Moore

"You want me to come where?" I eyed Jordan curiously, "my house" she chuckled at the look on my face.

"I don't know about all that" Blair would never allow that. I also hate going places I'm not familiar with. "Yo parents don't allow it?" She asked, and I shook my head. "My mom just like for me to be at home" I told her. "Hmm yeah I understand... I still want you to come though" she said, then took a sip of her Gatorade.

"I'll ask" I told her and she smirked. "Will you though?" She asked and we laughed. "Yeah, I gotchu" I replied, and I was telling the truth. I already knew what Blair was gonna say, but no harm in asking. Well...

"Okay let's go" Jules came up to us while putting her cheer bag on her shoulder. I stood up and eyed them as they side hugged. Then Jordan looked at me, and she wrapped her hands around my neck. I closed my eyes as I inhaled her scent.

"Let me know" she whispered to me and I nodded. We pulled away, and she eyed my face before kissing my cheek. She waved bye before walking away, going towards the cheer coach.

"Are we going to keep staring at Jordan or leave?" Jules asked and I smacked my lips. "No one was staring at her" I denied, and we started walking out the gym. "Are you sure? It looked like it" Jules eyed me. "Yup. Stop assuming" I mumbled and she chuckled.

We made it to her car and for the first few minutes of our drive home we sat in silence. I closed my eyes and slouched in the passenger seat. "Are you okay?" Jules asked and I hummed "are you?" I asked, suspicious on why she asked me that. "Yeah, my makeup didn't come out how I wanted it to today and that kinda soured my mood, but I'm fine" she replied. She must've been wanting to say that all day.

"I think it still looks pretty" I told her, and she smiled. "Thank you" she replied and I nodded. "Have you ever been to Jordan's house?" I asked her and she shook her head. "No, why?" She asked, and I shrugged "no reason" I mumbled, and she gasped. "You're going over there huh?" She asked, smiling, and I shrugged.

"She wants me to" I admitted to her, and she nodded. "You already know Blair's gonna say no, so maybe you shouldn't ask her" she brought up. "Yeah" I sighed, "you don't like her, right?" Jules asked, and I was confused. "Like who?" I asked, "Jordan" she replied, and I was even more confused. "If I did, would it be a problem?" I asked, and she kept her eyes on the road.

Does she like Jordan?

"I'm not saying that" she mumbled, "but the tone in your voice is" "it's not" "it is" "how are you gonna tell me?" "Okay fine" I shrugged, over this whole conversation. I know what I heard, and Jules is clearly hiding something.

I should've walked home.

"Thank you" I mumbled as we pulled up to our regular drop off house. "I love you" Jules told me as I got out the car. "Love you" I replied, closing the door and putting my backpack on my shoulder.

I took a deep breath as I unlocked the door, then slowly walked into the house. I heard people talking as I walked in, and I kept my head down and hoped Blair didn't see me. All I wanted was to go to my room.

"Misery" she called my name and my head quickly lifted, and I put a fake smile on my face. "Yes ma'am" I replied, glancing at her then the woman and man that were sitting in the chairs next to her. "This is my child Misery. These are my bosses" my heart warmed at the realization that she called me her child, but it went away as quickly as it came.

"Margie" "Bill" they introduced themselves and had their hands out. I shook them as I mentally cringed. I hated touching strangers. "You can go do your homework, and I'll come up to check on you later, sweetheart" Blair told me. I nodded and walked towards the stairs. 'Sweetheart?' I questioned, I've never heard Blair say that a day in my life.

I made it to my room, locked my door, then sat my backpack down. I went into the bathroom and began to harshly scrub my hands. 10 minutes later, I dried them off and my heart slowed down.

I took off my clothes, leaving me in my bra and boxers, and laid in my bed. I put my arm over my face and decompressed from everything I did today. All the interactions and forced smiles and emotions. I sighed and took a deep breath.

I sat in silence until I heard a knock on my door, making me freeze. I immediately started thinking the worst things possible. "Misery, why is my door locked?" Blair asked from outside the door, and I quickly got up to unlock it. "I'm sorry, my backpack must've accidentally locked it. I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry" I continuously apologized, watching her every movement and her breathing pattern.

"You're fine" she smiled at me and I looked at her suspiciously. "Thank you for being good when my bosses were here" she thanked me. I nodded, slightly confused. She knew I had no other choice, so it didn't make sense to me why she thought I wouldn't have.

"You deserve a reward. What do you want? Another burger?" She asked, and my jaw slightly dropped. This has never happened before. Maybe she's tricking me...? "Is this a trick?" I asked, ready to jump back knowing I wasn't supposed to question her. "Nope. Whatever you want, well in reason of course" she told me.

I sat in my thoughts for a few seconds. Reward? Anything I want?? This has to be a prank. I must be getting punked. Where is the camera?

I glanced around my room.

"Well... Can I go to one of my friends house?" I asked, using this as my opportunity. "Her name is Jordan" I continued, and she looked like she was thinking. "What are y'all gonna be doing?" She asked, and I ain't even have an answer my damn self. "Oh um just chilling, she also wants me to help her with this worksheet for one of our hard classes" I ended up telling her, hoping she would buy it.

"Okay" she nodded, and I hid my happiness. "Th- but I'm taking you to her house" she made known. I nodded, having no problem with that. "When do you wanna go?" She asked and I looked at my clock.

3:24 pm.

"In an hour?" I answered, and she nodded, she eyed my room then left. When I knew I was in the clear, I grabbed my phone out of my backpack and called Jules. I jogged into the bathroom and turned on the sink and shower.

"Hello?" She answered "hey... um can you give me Jordan's number?" I asked and I heard her smack her lips. "Wow, no apology, just straight demands??" She replied, and I was confused. "What do I have to apologize for?" I asked, genuinely confused. "Wow. I sent the number now you better hope you're not blocked after I hang up this phone" she told me and my phone vibrated.

"J-" *beep beep beep* she hung up on me. I sighed, then ignored the guilty feeling I had in my stomach. I clicked on Jordan's number, and I got nervous as I heard it ring. I paced around the bathroom. "Hey- hold on" Jordan greeted, and I heard her turn down sum rap song.

"Hey" she greeted again, and I heard the happiness in her tone making me smile. "Hi, I hope I'm not interrupting you" I stated, and she chuckled. "You're not" she said, and I hummed as I nodded. "So um I asked my mom, and she said I could come over" I told her, getting more nervous with every word. "Really? So you're coming over now?" She asked, and I nodded, then cleared my throat when I realized she couldn't see me.

"Yeah, if that's okay" I replied "YE- yes um that's perfect. I'll send you the addy. Let me know when you're outside" she told me and I could tell she was smiling.

"Okay" I replied then hung up. I turned off the faucet, and released a deep breath. I then looked at myself in the mirror as I had a satisfied smile on my face.
************************************************
Hey y'all, I hope y'all week is going the way y'all want it to 😌

Pt.1/ filler, pt.2 this weekend. Byeeee 🦒