Chapter Twenty-Nine

On the list of things she wasn't expecting, that.

Her demon lover had been something else the night before. Someone else. A side of him she could get used to.

Meg knew he'd been holding back on her, but damn, she hadn't been expecting that.

Last night, she'd been dealing with someone assured. Someone that wasn't afraid to take charge. Someone with no inhibition.

The real demon King.

That was what Claudio was really like when he wasn't following his carefully thought out plans.

She'd been told all these stories of Claudio. The headstrong warlord who got what he wanted when he wanted it. The all-in hero who shied away from nothing. Until last night, she hadn't really met that man.

The man last night had been true to the man Claudio was. A demon. A King. An entity.

And God damn, her body had wreaked the benefits.

Who are you Claudio?

She felt like she knew so much about him, yet so little at the same time. She knew the soft side he was happy for her to see, but nothing of the warrior he showed to the rest of the world.

Clearly he had sexual experience, which she'd already known. But when that confidence had set in, Claudio had known exactly what he was doing. And there was other history too. The side of him he refused to let her see.

I want to see it all.

How to go about doing that...

He was scared she'd fright easily. That she'd scamper away if he let her see exactly who she was. That everything he'd built between them would crumble into nothing.

How to show him that wouldn't happen?

How to show him she was all in?

She hurried through her shower, grateful she'd been given the lie-in for a change. She had a foggy memory of the King leaving that morning. She'd mumbled her complaint as he detached himself from her hold. Stroking her hair, he promised he'd work earlier to free up his schedule for later.

And of course, Meg had understood that promise in his tone.

Rushing through getting dressed, she stumbled once more across that box from Evie Wicker. More specifically, the note she hadn't noticed before.

If this was what having a girl friend was about, then she saw herself getting used to it.

Claudio said the witch interferes too much.

For some reason, Meg would have to disagree.

Needless to say, the demon had rocked her world alright. With his tongue and fingers, he'd left her begging and panting for more.

Now to return the favour.

She'd give anything to see that side of him again.

That unhinged side. The side that didn't care about the consequences. The King who did what he wanted simply because he wanted to. The man who didn't take no for an answer.

The real Claudio.

That was who Meg wanted to know.

As she wandered through the castle halls, Meg puzzled over where to begin. Sure, she didn't have as much experience in these matters as Claudio did. What if she made a fool of herself? What if she tried to give him a taste of what he'd given her, only to do it clumsily? She wanted him to feel what she'd felt. That desire. That peace. That ecstasy.