54. Final Statement

Start from the beginning

"Hoseok and I were in a rather committed relationship. I was his girlfriend, and he was my boyfriend." Seren stated clearly.

"Explain where and how you and Hoseok met?" She continued to ask, pressing her glasses up closer to the bridge of her nose.

"We met at the Caledonia, it's a bar lounge that I was formally employed to." She kept her eyes on the attorney, not allowing them to wander to the hundreds of eyes in that room that glowered at her. "I dropped my tray of drinks, and he helped me clean them up. That's how we met."

"And I assume that you two pursued your relationship after this, correct?" Eun asked.

"That's correct." Seren nodded.

"How long were you two dating?" She continued to question Seren.

"About seven months." She answered.

"Did you notice any strange behavior from Hoseok that might have linked to his second life as Jack?" Eun approached her stand, her hands behind her back.

"No. Though, I did find out that he was seeing a psychiatrist and was on medication. However, I didn't look too much into that." Seren mentioned, unaware if they knew of that.

It was likely that they did, as she moved on to the next question with ease.

"No signs in his behavior, like aggression, small outbursts?" Eun continued to press.

Seren had to think carefully about that, but she couldn't remember anything that yelled him having a second life.

"I don't know if this counts, but once when I found the cellular in his home, he got very stoic and upset that I was there. It was almost like he was a different person, I just assumed I had upset him by snooping through his home without his permission."

Eun nodded, rubbing her nude lips together. "Thank you. I do have questions about police reports you had filed back in early September of last year." She placed papers on the desk, showing proof of the reports she filed a few months ago. "You reported seeing a man clad in dark clothing standing outside your lawn, claiming you were being stalked by him. Is this correct?"

"Yes." Seren simply stated after glancing at the files for a quick second. "That is correct."

"Do you remember how many times this stalker had showed up to your house?" Eun asked.

Seren chewed her lower lip, trying to gather all the times she had been stalked by Hoseok. When she thought about it, all she reflected on was how inane she was for not realizing or opening her eyes to see that all along it was Hoseok.

"I... I would say it was probably about a handful of times. I don't have an exact number." Seren said, her voice diminished with guilt.

"That's alright, Seren." Eun sympathized. "Do you remember how many times you contacted the police?"

"Yes. It was twice." She responded with more certainty.

"Twice. But you said that this stalker showed up a handful of times, correct?" Eun dug.

"Yes."

"Why is that? Why didn't you contact the police each time this man had showed up to your house?" The attorney asked, placing her hands behind her back and tilting her head.

"Becuase they weren't of any help. Each time I called them, he would already be gone." Seren responded, recalling all the grueling nights of feeling deterred and desperate for help.

"Because they weren't of any help." Eun clarified louder, causing whispers to disperse in the crowd, a few people shaking their heads. "In one of your reports, you say he actually broke into your house. You said, quote, 'I felt his knife roam up my back, and I laid there waiting for it to impail me... too scared to get up and defend myself.' unquote."