29. Transparent

Her shoulders were tensely clipped, her fingers toying with each other disconcertingly as she blankly stared at the wooden table in front of her

Her shoulders were tensely clipped, her fingers toying with each other disconcertingly as she blankly stared at the wooden table in front of her. Her teeth found her lower lip, chewing it. Her throat was parched, although the cup of water that was offered to her still remained untouched, not wanting to reveal her shaking hands if she were to reach for it.

This was why she absolutely loathed confrontation, she never knew how to handle it properly. Instead of being courageous and spitting out her truths, she became frightened, acting as though she was on an empty stage with the limelight pointed directly on her frail body.

Her pulse quickened when she heard footsteps, her muscles stiffening.

She was eased back into serenity when she realized it was just Hoseok, her shoulders slackened into the chair.

"I'm sorry that I called and came unexpectedly." Seren apologized, turning to him.

"Seren, it's no problem," Hoseok corroborated, sitting in the seat adjacent to hers, as always. "I don't mind having you over."

He seemed pleased by her company, and that eased her worries a bit.

"I was kinda worried, though." He expressed, clearing his throat. "You said you wanted to talk about something?"

Once again, her shoulders stiffened.

She just nodded, reaching over to finally drink the appetizing cup of water to appease her thirst.

Seren shut her eyes, taking in full gulps. She sensed Hoseok's eyes seethe deep into her body as she took her time drinking.

She exhaled, the water somehow alleviating her. "Sorry, there's no need to be worried, it's nothing bad." Her voice had more confidence, setting the cup down.

He nodded, relaxing in his chair.

"I just... ever since we decided to label ourselves girlfriend and boyfriend, I wanted to be more transparent with you." She continued, trying to keep her eyes on his.

"Good. I agree." He nodded his head once, his voice sturdy with sobriety.

She combed her fingers through her raven black hair, intimidated when Hoseok wasn't wearing his usual smile, or when his voice wasn't lilted at that genial tone. His heart-shaped lips stayed in an unperturbed line.

She dropped her eyes from his exacerbating expression, directing her body to his.

He gently grabbed her hand, sensing her apprehension. "Seren, whatever it is, you can tell me." Hoseok reassured, his voice reaching his normal friendly pitch, his thumb brushing over her skin. "I'm here to listen."

Seren found her eyes on his again, unable to ignore his heavenly presence.

Blush colored her ears in a deep red, she scooped strands of her hair in front of them to hide her embarrassing flush.