51. Pieces to the Missing Puzzle

His voice was but a mere croak, withered by his myriad of emotions

His voice was but a mere croak, withered by his myriad of emotions. He didn't know whether to revel in her and her survival or cry from what she had endured. When Seren saw a smile kiss his soft lips in utter bliss, she felt herself smile against her cries, reaching out to him, to hold his hand. Which was all she was able to do, she had the urge to defy her stitched wounds and embrace him after putting him through such a horrific scare.

Jimin held her hand, squeezing it with all his spare might as though he was trying to express his solace in their handhold.

"I really thought I was gonna lose you." He sniffled, sitting in the chair behind him. "I'm sorry it took me so long to come in here, I was just anxious to see you. I wasn't ready to see all these machines hooked up to you, it's a hard pill to swallow. When you're off doing your daily routine and find out that something bad happened to someone you love. I couldn't process anything."

"Ask Namjoon, I just about yelled at every nurse at that front desk. I feel awful about it." He snorted, shaking his head.

"It's fine. I'm sure they understand why you were the way you were," Seren placated, smiling to herself to finally hear his voice again. "And, I made it. There's no reason to cry anymore."

He chortled, his eyes gleaming from his collected tears. "You were the one that cried first when I walked in."

She laughed, shaking her head. "That's because I... I never thought I was gonna see you again." Seren tried to keep her composure stable, but those memories and emotions were so fresh she was hardly at the stage that came to accept them.

If anything, she kept replaying that moment in her head. How she felt. How those emotions somehow numbed the rest of her body as she lay above that soiled patch of grass and cold dirt. Just as Jack pierced holes through her body, the sensation of her skin tearing persisted, making her recoil.

"I knew something was wrong when you didn't answer my calls. Namjoon told me you were probably just busy, but you always answer my calls and texts. It was weird." Jimin stared at her limp body, his voice lacking stability. "And then all of a sudden I get a call from Yoongi telling me that he was gonna pick me up from campus, that something happened to you."

"I was in shock, I didn't wanna ask what happened. I was too scared. My mind went racing, a car accident, someone mugged you, you were involved in a home invasion. Someone killed you." He mumbled the last part, his heart breaking at the validity of it.

"I'm sorry. I was going to answer your call, I really was. But, then this happened." She pointed at her body with her weak hand, staring down at herself in pity.

"Does it hurt bad?" He asked, his eyebrows pushed in concern.

"No. I can't feel a thing." Seren looked up at the intravenous drip. "I can only feel something when I push myself to do things. Like get up."