27. brotherly advice

Namjoon chortled, shaking his head

Namjoon chortled, shaking his head. "Jimin really said that?" He questioned, looking up from his book.

Seren nodded, her eyes shut as she remained laying flat on her back. "Yup. It kinda freaked me out, at first. It just seemed like he really liked him, then all of a sudden in the car he tells me that Hoseok basically creeps him out."

Namjoon laughed his strange laugh, flipping the page. "Well, at least he didn't mean it in a bad way."

She quietly hummed in agreement, opening her eyes to meet the murky gray sky above her. It made her gripe, the weather had been all over the place those days. Somedays, it was extremely cold, then it was sunny and bright, and on others, it was gloomy and melancholy.

It just had to be gloomy and melancholy the day Seren and Namjoon decided to head out to a park and read together.

Sometimes, she truly relished the melancholy weather, but that was only when she was in bed, nestled in a blanket with a good book to conciliate her.

They picked the wrong day to have a park date.

She rolled over on her side, quietly sighing.

"What's wrong now?" Namjoon asked after a few minutes of being lost in his book.

She looked over at him with taut eyes, squinting bitterly at him. "Nothing. I just hate that it's so cloudy today. It should have been partly cloudy, that would have been perfect." Seren muttered, opening her book to finally get a few pages in.

Namjoon remained rested beside a tree, his legs criss-cross as he relaxed his chin above his left palm. "Hmm, I actually kinda like it. It's not too hot, not too cold. The sun isn't bugging my eyes as I read- it's perfect."

She envied how poetic he was. It didn't matter if he was trying or not, his low voice always formed sentences that were calming and so perfect. She could go hours simply listening to him speak, it truly healed something in her, his methodic ways rubbing off on her – calming her nerves.

Seren decided to detach from reality and the world around her, focusing on the pages and details in the book. It had been quite some time since she decided to read, finding almost no time for it throughout her days. She never understood how Namjoon was able to do it. It seemed like every time she saw him, he was onto a new book.

Namjoon folded a corner of the book down, keeping his place in the novel he was deep in.

"How long have you been with Hoseok?" He suddenly asked, out of pure curiosity.

She looked over at him, pinching her lips pensively. "We just recently got together, maybe two weekends ago?"

She patted her fingertips above her cupid's bow, hearing Namjoon hum, then nod.

"Why do you ask?" Seren pondered, leaving her bookmark on the page she left off before shutting the book.

His fingers tapped the paperback cover. "No, just curious. I wanted to know why Hoseok wanted to meet Jimin. Did you tell him about your parents?"