40. Confessions

"You enjoyed meeting them, right?" Seren quietly asked, laying abreast of Hoseok's tepid body

"Of course I did." He confirmed, grabbing her hand, and intertwining their fingers.

Seren blinked, watching Hoseok in the light the moon provided through the window.

All that played through her was how things went with Namjoon and Yoongi. From her perspective, things went great, Yoongi's behavior was a little off, but she figured it had to do with meeting Hoseok.

The mood did seem to shift once she arrived from her trip to the restroom. The air seemed thicker, and the ambiance was tense. She had a potent gut feeling she shouldn't have left Hoseok alone, but she didn't think it would completely deter their drinking, driving Yoongi out of the bar with a lie to excuse his departure.

The more she thought about it, the more she blamed herself.

Why would she think it was okay to introduce Yoongi and Hoseok? It made everything weird when she thought it would make things more transparent and open. Especially in her relationship with Hoseok – she had no desire to keep things from him.

"I promise things went well," Hoseok dragged her out of her incessant doubts. "There's no need to worry about how it went."

She shook her head, blinking once. "It's not even that. I just feel like maybe I shouldn't have made you meet them. Maybe it would have been best to wait."

"Seren, we spoke about this earlier. Remember when I said that I wanted to meet them? You did not force me." He reminded her, gazing deep into her eyes.

"You don't think it was awkward?" Seren asked.

"No. We were all talking, sure there was some pauses but it wasn't awkward in my eyes." Hoseok acknowledged.

She remained silent, shivering when she felt a cool rush of wind enter from the opened window behind her.

"Look, this is your first night staying with me, you shouldn't be stressing over this." He instructed, placing his warm body above her chilled arm. "We should be relaxing together. I for one am happy you're staying the night."

He was right.

She was also happy to be staying over at his house.

It was the first time she would be sleeping over at his place, and she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous. Seren was never one to stay over at people's houses, she just never found comfort in them as how she did in her house. Of course, it was her house, it was only obvious she would be more comfortable there.

Ever since her stalker decided to show up, her home was the last place she felt safest.

When she was in Hosoek's arms, however, she almost felt bulletproof. Untouchable.