13. Inquisitive

Contentment warmed her from within, unable to stop her ebullient smile, all that was running through her mind was how well the first date went

Contentment warmed her from within, unable to stop her ebullient smile, all that was running through her mind was how well the first date went. Although it quite literally got rained on, that didn't seem to bother Seren, simply elated she had to opportunity to talk to Hoseok and delve into a sense of familiarity with him.

Their date happened nearly a week ago, and she still couldn't shake off her cheerful attitude. Seren already wanted a second date, wanting to keep their bond moving.

It was a disheartening letdown when Hoseok mentioned he would be busy that week, not able to have the time for their planned second date.

Anticipation coursed through her veins, waiting for the next time that they would be able to see each other.

"Seren?" Namjoon's concerned voice poked at her. "Are you even listening?"

"Is she even here with us, mentally?" Jimin added, lifting from the couch, trying to get a good look at his sister's lost expression.

She blinked, looking up from the article she was annotating. "Yes. I am here, what's up?"

"Well, we kept calling you for like five minutes," Jimin mumbled, settling back into the cushions. "You weren't responding, what else was I to think?"

"Sorry, guys," Seren apologized, lowering her bright screen. "I guess I was just lost in thought."

"It's cool, I just needed help printing this essay out." Namjoon said, turning his laptop to her. "I kept trying, but I'm afraid I'll break it if I keep it up."

Seren chuckled, placing her laptop above Namjoon's coffee table to help him.

"Let's see, I can print it for you." Her voice was like honey, hovering beside Namjoon to see what the issue was.

She clicked a few buttons on the document settings, getting to the bottom of the problem.

"Is your laptop connected to the same WiFi you have set for your printer?" Seren asked, looking down at his sitting figure.

"It should be."  He mumbled, ruffling his hair. "Actually, I'll go check." Namjoon raised to his feet, walking over to the printer.

Seren ran her fingers through her hair, patiently waiting for her friend to figure things out with his printer.

Jimin squinted his eyes, he found his sister's buoyant attitude to be so strange. Normally, she was complaining about something. Whether it was about how infuriating her shift was the night before, or how her professors were being assholes.

Not at that moment, though.

He watched as she toyed with the ends of her hair, the corners of her lips tugged into an imperceptible smile. She was even humming to herself, ever so quietly.

Jimin was aware that Seren was skilled at putting on a facade, but he was easily able to read through them, seeing that she was afflicted within.

But, when he looked at her this time, all that distress was gone.