52. Devoted Friendships

Seren gradually opened her eyes, meeting with the dim ceiling of her noiseless room in the hospital

Seren gradually opened her eyes, meeting with the dim ceiling of her noiseless room in the hospital. She glanced over to her left seeing Jimin nestled on a recliner chair with a jacket he had worn thrown over his body to act as his blanket.

She hoped he wasn't freezing, it was a bit cold in there that night.

Seren sighed quietly in frustration, the weight in her eyelids were heavy, though she couldn't sleep for more than an hour without entering another dreamscape about Hoseok.

At least, it started off with Hoseok.

She was made to believe it was him, that everything that occurred was a mere fable, he wasn't actually Jack. Hoseok would never commit such malicious acts on her, he loved her. And just when she let her guard down around him, he would remove this large hidden knife from his pocket, and plug it right through her heart.

What was worse was she felt the knife go through her.

Somehow.

Seren cringed, her eyebrows recoiling at the troubling nightmare she had.

She would never be able to get Jack's horrifying expression out of her memory. That wide eerie smile, his black colorless and emotionless eyes staring deep into her soul. The look of utter buoyancy was spread across his dark features like he enjoyed her pain and her suffering. It was painfully unforgettable, too perforating to ever ignore.

Never would she forget that feeling of all her hope vanishing in a matter of seconds when she saw that there was no way out of that park, desperately looking in all directions for the exit as the injury above her head began to wear her down.

"Can't sleep?" A methodically deep voice asked, making her head turn quickly to the sound.

Yoongi sat in his chair with his black hoodie pulled over his head, Namjoon's head resting against his shoulder as his dreams carried him to a different realm.

She shook her head, "No. I can't." Seren whispered back, looking down at her body.

"I can't sleep either," Yoongi exhaled, shutting his eyes. "I can never sleep in hospitals, it's too uncomfortable."

"You guys didn't have to stay, you guys should have left when I fell asleep." Seren said, glancing over at Namjoon and Jimin. "But, I guess they have no trouble sleeping in hospitals."

Yoongi chuckled. "Yeah, I've been sitting like this for a good hour, not being able to move because I suddenly became a pillow."

"They should have brought in another bed, or something," Seren muttered, looking around the room to see if there was potential space for such a request.

"Right," he hummed lowly, his hands intertwined together, staring straight at the ground.

Seren inhaled through grit teeth, feeling the sudden urge to use the bathroom.