5. Curiosity

Hoseok was significantly respectful and courteous, almost portraying himself as sophisticated from the way he spoke and his body language.

But, once the conversation was assembled she caught glimpse of his humorous and indulgent side. Seren could see that he was there to have a good time, not create any problems compared to most customers they'd get.

What obscured her the most was seeing that he wasn't with anybody. Normally, people went out in groups. Even men took a few of their friends along, wanting to decompress together.

He wasn't even with a partner.

Perhaps he enjoyed his time drinking alone.

'Or, he just really wanted to have a conversation with me.' Seren tabulated, toying with her lip ring as she watched him finish his whiskey.

"Did you want another?" She asked, perking up in her seat.

"No, I'm quite alright." He chuckled at her vigilant manners. "Thank you, Seren."

She nodded, settling back down. "Sorry, I don't mean to pry into your private life or anything- I guess I'm just very curious?"

Seren hesitated to ask, having difficulty forming words with Adonis sitting right in front of her, keeping his attention on her figure.

He assessed her with his formidable, yet delicate, eyes. "What's that?"

She began fiddling with the ends of her hair. "Well, I guess I just wanted to know why you come alone here?"

She watched as his eyes narrowed, his lips pressed, and she feared she may have offended him.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it to be a rude question or anything." She added immediately.

He just looked at her and laughed.

His pointer fingers traced over his shirt's button, the same button that held the fine piece of cloth together, preventing his entire chest from ever being exposed to her.

"You don't have to apologize, I wasn't offended." He promised, watching her timid expression ebb. "I normally just come for small celebrations, by myself."

"Oh, like from work?" She gathered, leaning her head.

He sucked in his perfect lips. "Yeah, something lke that." Hoseok murmured staring at his empty cup, before tracing his eyes back up to her. "There's something about being alone that kind of calms me. But, I don't know, you're someone I thought I'd enjoy talking to."

Her cheeks engorged, guessing that meant he thought about her a few times.

Soon, she was blushing red for a completely different reason, being reminded of how they met.

Seren removed her eyes from his lean tall figure. "Heh, so even after you witnessed me fall on my ass, you still thought it'd be great to talk to me?"

He smirked, but it diminished quickly, even before Seren could react to it.

"I almost forgot about that." He lied.

"Oh, sure you did." Seren chortled, not at all gullible.

"Don't get upset," he began. "But, it seemed like you did that often. Do you?"

Her jaw unlatched, trying to suppress her smile. "Stop acting like you didn't see what really happened. I mean, I've tripped on my own feet before, but never while I'm working."

"I know, I know. I'm just teasing." He put his hand up, his gold watch clung to his wrist. "I will give you credit though, it is a hard job to do. Though, I don't understand how you'd trip over your own feet."