53. His Confession

Start from the beginning

"Are you ready to go?" Jimin asked, appearing beside her.

Seren turned to look at him, studying his clean slacks and the plain black shirt that he tucked into his professional pair of pants. His hair was growing at the roots, revealing the promising colors of dark brown to take over the blond dye.

He himself looked like he was ready to testify.

"Yeah. I'm ready to go." Seren confirmed quietly, looking back and watching the car leave the parking lot.

"You can't escape, our ride left." Jimin chuckled, grabbing her hand and directing them to the entrance.

"I wasn't trying to leave... I just happened to look as he left." Seren chuckled along with her brother, allowing him to guide her to the entry. "Can't say that I wish there wasn't an escape to this."

"Just look at it this way," the wise Jimin began, "When you step up to the judge and give your statement, you will be helping the jury and judge decide Hoseok's fate. Whether they will let him roam free, or keep him locked up in whatever place they decide to put him in." His shrewd observations put her into a better perspective of the position she was put in.

She would try and look at it from his viewpoint for the rest of the time Hoseok would be on trial.

Seren kept her eyes on the ground, looking up just once to study the entrance of the courthouse, the cold wind blowing in her face making her shiver, adjusting to the temperature in the new and unfamiliar building.

"Do you know what room it is?" Seren questioned her brother, following his set pace as they walked down the empty and quiet halls.

Her voice seemed to echo off the walls, along with her clicking heels, reverberating back to her with a deeper meaning behind her shared words.

"Yeah, it was written in the email that was sent to you, it's right down this hallway." Jimin informed as he turned a corner, leading them to a hallway with a few doors to their right, along with two large doors that were placed right at the end of the hall.

She guessed that the room at the end of the hallway was the one they would be entering. It was probably the largest room in the courthouse, needing to hold a bigger capacity of people from the amount of attention his case had acquired.

Her breathing suddenly went ragged, her shoulders stiffening as reality struck her. Although Hoseok may not see her, she would have to see him. His eyes may even wander the crowd he had, wanting to see if she would be there, watching him explain himself.

Jimin's hand slipped into hers, descrying her small panic attack. "It'll be just fine, Seren. I promise. I'm here with you."

"What if- what if he sees me?" Her voice was small, with no echo. "I don't want him to know that I'm here." Her knees trembled as she thought more about it, unable to stand for herself.

"He won't see you. We'll walk in quietly, and we can sit way in the back behind people. He'll be too focused on his case anyway. He probably won't even be up at the stand, yet. He's probably sitting with his lawyer as we speak." Jimin mollified her worries once more, holding her hand near his chest.

"O-Okay... we need to walk in as quiet as possible though, I just hope nobody turns to look." Seren mumbled under her breath, still trying to compose herself.

Jimin opened the door, peeking his head through the small crack before turning back to Seren.

"Let's walk in quickly, everyone seems to be focused on the judge speaking." He whispered to her, slipping her into the room without another second to waste.