1. Thoughts

Sapphira's P.O.V

Hope. That's a powerful word and an even powerful feeling. That's what this beautiful morning brings to me. I'm hoping Uncle James would agree to let me go to college like all the other people who are my age. I was allowed to go to school by Uncle James and Aunt Victoria but I don't know why they won't let me go to college. I get homeschooled instead. It feels lonely. At least I had friends at school. Not a lot but still.

I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in!", I said.

Aunt Tori stepped into my room.
"Good Morning! How are you, love?" She said.

"Morning! I'm good. Thank you. How are you?"

She took a few steps forward and took a seat on the edge of my bed. She took a hold of my hand and looked at me lovingly. I adore this woman so much. Uncle James and Aunt Tori have been looking after me since my parents died in a car accident. I don't remember them much. I only have a picture of my parents and I. We were such a happy little family. I'm grateful for the love I've gotten from my aunt and uncle.

Aunt Tori cleared her throat. I think I zoned out.

"I'm sorry. Did you say something? I wasn't paying attention." I told her.

She repeated what she had said earlier, "I said I'm sorry, my dear. I'm sorry you don't get to go to college like all the other kids. You have to be tutored at home and I know you don't like it. I know you were upset about it but you need to understand that it's all for your safety. You are our princess. You have no idea how special you are to us. We can't let anything happen to you."

I looked at her and saw her eyes were glossy now. Was there something wrong? If yes, then what? Aunt Tori wasn't usually like this.

"Aunt Tori, is there something wrong?"
I tightened my grip around her hand.

She smiled and said "No, my dear. Everything is fine. I just wanted you to know that we love you and whatever your uncle and I do, is for your good."

I loved them both with all my heart. I couldn't let her know that I was upset. I smiled and said "It's okay. I understand that."

Aunt Tori gave me a big hug and said "I'm so proud of you. You're the most beautiful and the kindest girl I've ever seen. Stay blessed."

I thanked her and she left the room shortly after.

I got out of my bed and heard another knock on the door.
"Come in!"

A maid stepped into the room. People must think it's nice to be taken care of but I don't like to bother people. I would rather do my own work but this is how I grew up, with all the luxuries of life. I've always lived a life like a princess. Did I want it? I don't know. Maybe not but I'm not going to complain. I have too much to be grateful for.

"Ma'am, I've made pancakes for breakfast today. Is that okay?" the maid spoke up.

"Yes, that's fine. Thank you. What's your name? Where's Cara? She brings me my meals usually." I said.

"Cara left the job, Ma'am. She said she was too old to work now and she wanted to spend some time with her grandchildren. I'm Anastasia." She answered.

"Oh. I hope Cara lives a happy life. She's a wonderful lady. Anastasia, I'd appreciate it if you call me Sapphira."

I said to her with a kind smile.
She smiled back and said "Sure, Sapphira."

She served me my breakfast and I thanked her. I liked it when we sat around the dining table and had meals. It just brought me closer to the only people I could call family but that seldom happened. Usually, Uncle James had Lords or Ministers over for dinner otherwise he was very busy. Uncle James was a Lord. He worked for the Queen.

I've met the queen a few times. She's a very lovely lady. Maybe that's why her subjects adore her so much.

Harry's P.O.V

I've been working on new music with the lads in the studio. We need to give our fans one of the best albums ever. They're so incredible. I just got home. I don't like coming back to an empty place.

There are just too many things I need to take care of. The media sees everything. I don't even know how they find out where I am. I've had a long day. I just want to sleep after taking a shower.

I undressed and stepped under the shower. The warm water felt good. I wanted to stay longer but I also wanted to sleep so I quickly showered, got dressed and got under the covers. As I closed my eyes, I couldn't help but think of all the things that had happened in the past few days.

I couldn't even be seen with my female friends in public because if the media finds out, they'll make up rumours. Apparently, every girl that breathes the same air as me is my girlfriend. I know it's no use thinking about it but that doesn't stop me.

I wonder what I did wrong. Why do they see me as a player? Mum has taught me to respect everyone and be kind. I think they just don't understand the way I see things.

With all my thoughts, I drifted into a land where my thoughts could no longer bother me.

*~*~*~*~*
Author's note:
Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy the story as we proceed further. This chapter wasn't much fun because it just gives you an idea about the lives they live.
Feel free to point out mistakes. I'd really appreciate constructive criticism. I want to improve. Sorry if there are any mistakes because English isn't my first language.
There is a picture of Sapphira with the chapter. Lily Collins is so beautiful.
Thank you.