Chapter 30 - An Odd Sort of Quill

Start from the beginning

"So, we figured if we catch people around the corner from the Great Hall after lunch, show off some of the products and get a few names, we can start getting orders out." George explained.

"We even have enough ready for people to buy on the spot." Fred added.

"So, what did you want me to do?" Milena asked.

"Help us sell the products," George replied, "mainly keep track of the profits and names for us, handle the orders while we sell what we can."

"Which will be the whole stock, of course," Fred said.

"Well of course, I'd expect nothing less," Milena nodded, "and sure, I can handle the paperwork."

That day, as lunch was coming close to an end, Milena and the twins stood in a corridor just out of sight of the Great Hall and waited for people to come by, grabbing their attention with some small, noiseless, yet colourful fireworks they had created. It didn't take long for a crowd to be drawn and soon people were lining up as the twins demonstrated their skiving snackboxes, Milena periodically waving her wand and vanishing whatever mess they would make on the floor. People seemed highly interested in their products and soon people were handing Milena their money as she handed out some of the products. She wrote down names of people who would be buying more and eventually they did run out of the products they had with them, so she began taking orders until she noticed that the sounds of people cheering, gagging, or laughing quickly died down.

"Ahem." She heard to her right in a familiar, almost mocking tone.

"Professor," Milena greeted in a professional tone, "How can I help you? Here to place an order?"

"Place an order?" Umbridge repeated, sounding mildly shocked. "Why on earth would I want to do that? This is an educational establishment and I will not have you selling these inappropriate toys!"

"Oh no, the inappropriate toys are for later!" Milena said with a grin. Umbridge's eyes fell wide open for a moment. Milena could hear Fred let out a snort behind her, both him and George now standing on either side of her.

"Ms. Carter!" She yelled in disgust. "That's it! I've had enough of yours and the Weasley's inappropriate behaviour! Detention with me every night until the end of the week. Be in my office tonight after dinner. Also, these 'products' of yours will be banned from this school. Anyone with the contraband will be punished!"

People who had been standing around and watching the feud between Milena and Umbridge quickly began to disperse at her threat and Umbridge turned around proudly as she walked away and out of sight.

"Detention every night... worth it." Milena said, turning back to the twins.

"What about Angelina? Won't she be furious with you missing practice?" Fred asked.

"Well, we still have to do tryouts to replace you two and Harry and those won't be until Thursday," Milena said, "so for now, there is no practice, but my concern is your business. Did you hear what she said? She's banning all of it."

"Like that's going to stop us," Fred laughed, "she may have banned us from quidditch, but this is a big school, good luck to her trying to stop us."

When dinner ended in the Great Hall, Milena and the twins left for their first night of what felt like many detentions with Umbridge. They arrived at her office and George knocked on her door.

"Come in." Umbridge said in her unnervingly happy tone.

George opened the door first, walking in and Fred, then Milena walking in behind him. The room was just as pink and frilly as she was with pictures of cats meowing along the walls and her desk neatly organised more than any other defence professor had ever kept it. There was a smaller desk placed in front of hers and on it was a single piece of parchment and a quill with no ink.