The fall of Aichi

Start from the beginning

"I do wonder if they are ok with being trapped in the base?" Momo asked.

"I think they understand how important they are to this mission," Izuku said, "they are the backbone of most of our operations. Losing them will harm the organization in more ways than we can imagine. Not to mention the fact that it will prolong the war for unforeseeable future."

Now as we switch back to the Izuku's clone position you could see a smile on the fake Izuku's face as he could hear the explosions go off.

"I don't know why but it feels like this clone is an evil version of Midoriya," Kaminari said.

"Well, if you consider all the things he has done so far, he is technically not a good guy," Nemuri said, "at least his heart is still in the right place."

"But a great detective once said," Izuku grimaced, "cool motive, still murder."

Everyone else was confused about what was going on until Izuku broke out into laughter. "Oh god! I really can't believe you sacrificed Aichi to try to kill me!" said the fake Izuku which confused them all until they all realized what was going on. The Verdant group had mobilized their forces as they heard requests for reinforcement to arrive at the border of Aichi and Mie but no one was going to arrive in time as the attack was so sudden and overwhelming.

"I am pretty confident that this will be the government's worst defeat throughout the war," Nezu said, "they lost their forces, their territory, and most importantly they lost their trump card, Mirio who was single-handedly capable of changing the war."

"I really messed up, didn't I?" Mirio asked and Nighteye was about to confirm this but before that, All Might spoke up.

"Young Mirio, your mistake was that you allowed other people to dictate your flow of life," All Might said, "I don't think I would have minded you joining the war if you thought Verdant was wrong but you joined because you thought it was your responsibility, which was not."

Some heroes said that the Verdant Organization would break down without him so they would win in the end since they have him captured in a few moments which just made Izuku laugh even more. "IDIOTS! I AM A FAKE! I AM A CLONE, YOU IDIOTS! DID YOU HONESTLY THINK WE DIDN'T NOTICE DEATHARMS SPYING ON THIS LOCATION? THE MOMENT WE NOTICED HIM WE CHANGED THE REAL ME OUT FOR A FAKE TO FINISH OUT THE JOB HERE SO ALL YOU DID WAS WASTE RESOURCES ON FAKE CLONES!" Yelled out the fake Izuku as he laughed and soon a gun went off as a bullet went off right into his head as he dropped down and after a few seconds he dissolved into nothing.

"Crap! My ears," Jiro said, "why does he have to yell all the time?"

"Sorry," Izuku said with an apologetic smile.

Everyone cursed as they truly had been tricked and would likely lose an entire Prefecture over this. The entire group soon headed towards the battle line but before they reached it they received orders to retreat to the border between Shizuoka and Aichi to set up a new defense line as the Verdant group had successfully broken through and would soon take full control of the prefecture.

'One more battle, one more victory,' Izuku sighed, 'and still, everything looks too good to be true. I only hope this doesn't end in tragedy like many sweet-looking stories do.'

As they retreated, Best Jeanist wondered what happened to LeMillon and if he was truly dead or not. However, he knew one thing is that All Might was going to be devastated since Best Jeanist had learned that the boy was the protege of the man.

"I wish that was the case," Nighteye scoffed, "On the contrary, I won't be surprised if he expressed his joy because Mirio won't be able to harm that boy anymore."