Finding Shelter & First Steps

Narrator:- Izuku Midoriya

I ran away from my home and started to head towards a more sketchy part of the city that was roughly one hour from my old home. I took the train system and waited for it to arrive as I ran through ideas in my head. There was one thing I was sure about, that I had to work out and train hardcore from that point on.

"Young Midoriya this is something I always wanted to ask you about but why didn't you train before I met you?" All Might asked, "no offense to you but you cannot become a hero on heroic spirit alone."

"Because people around me didn't like me improving myself. They used to think that I am trying to look down on them just because I scored higher than them on tests so I didn't know what will they do if they thought that my body could take more of their abuse," Izuku said, "and then there is also the fact that the thought of physical training never crossed my mind."

"You wanted to become a hero and you never thought you will need physical training?" Nighteye asked. 

"Because no one really talks about it," Izuku replied, "as a child, my only source of information was T.V and the internet, and unsurprisingly both those places were filled with people who only talked about heroes' quirks. Not ever once in my life have I seen discussions about a hero's physical or mental strength so I never thought that was necessary at all."

"You raise a good point Midoriya," Aizawa said, "Nezu I think we add some lessons talking about this in our next year's syllabus."

"Yes, I will look into that," Nezu said.

However, first, I needed a home and a source of food.

"Yeah these two things are hard to get when you are on the run for the very first time," Dabi said, "It took me 3 months to start earning some money and 2 years for a proper place to stay and that too was a shitty bar league used as their hideout."

"I didn't have to worry about money tho," Compress said, "I just did some transportation job in the start and got enough money to pull off my first heist."

"I just lived on the streets before joining the league," Himiko shrugged.

"Well let's see how our little green solves this problem for himself," Dabi said.

That is why I was heading towards the more sketchy town. You might think that this was a horrible move on my part that I who is not physically capable of defending myself currently and doesn't have a lot of money but there is one thing I did have and it was my brain.    

"Aizawa sensei, I have a question," Momo raised her hand and Aizawa gestured her to ask, "do heroes know places like that exist?"

"Yaoyorozu, that is a very indecent question to ask," Iida said, "why would a hero know of a-," he was interrupted by Aizawa.

"Yes, all the heroes are fully aware of areas like that," Aizawa said.

"Sir with all due respect, if heroes do know of these places. Why don't they go and arrest these delinquents?" Iida asked.

"Because kiddos you can't just go and arrest anyone without any concrete proof," Midnight said, "and besides these places are necessary evil we have to live with."

"Necessary evil? 'ribbit'" Tsu asked.

"What she means is that we underground heroes also use that place as a source of information," Aizawa explained, "many of our informants also live in those areas. And sometimes we will overlook their petty crimes in exchange for information."

"But sir that is unethical on so many levels," Iida protested.

"Listen kid, sometimes you will have to let go of a small fry to get close to the bigger fish, and trust me when I say this. The bigger the fish the more eyes it has," Hawks said in a tone that sent shivers down to students' spines.