"Good." 

With that the boy left and Narcissa cried herself to sleep because he was right, she had taken Lucius for granted. What a horrible friend she is.

*

NARCISSA CONTINUOUSLY WATCHED LUCIUS wistfully as he walked past their friendship group without glancing at them at all. He sat with the Slytherins that were two years below them, Regulus, Crouch, Meadows and the Rosier twins. Personally if she was him, she would have also sat with them as well.  Who would want to sit with Averys group?

Two weeks had passed and neither had apologised  to the other. The whole fight was not her fault she decided, it was not her fault he is homophobic. But of course deep down she knew  that she was just scared to apologise and was just making excuses, Lucius literally told her  he did not have a hatred for people  like her. 

Florence who was angry at first had cooled down over time. She had begun to realise that it was very different without Lucius. (Of course she can't copy of anyone elses homework as freely as he let her.)  Asteria and Briare had been iced out as well by the boy.  Everyone could tell something had happened (or at least only the Slytherins), Lucius would walk past them with a terrifyingly cold look on his face.

After the third week Sirius approaches Narcissa with his black leather jacket, loosly tied tie and black nail polish (of course he noticed a seventh  year he disliked suddenly sitting with his little brother) questioning what had happened. ("Did Malfoy find out about your girlfriend?" Sirius asked with a very  serious look. "What?" "Come on, it was so obvious. All my friends figured out within a week.)

That same week  Snape whispers something about finally catching someone. (Everyone ignores him because he's an idiot) The greasy haired boy comes back late that morning with an angry tint in his eyes, saying something about Dumbledore's blantant biased towards Gryffindors. (Everyone ignores him again.)

There was a shift in energy that day, the Marauders curiously weren't as  loud as usual. In fact her  cousin was no where to be found. Of course that wouldn't have been suspicious if Potter  hadn't wore solemn and tired expression. Through out that week Sirius sat with his head resting on  his palm and  the other hand stabbing his scrambled eggs. He stared longingly at Remus Lupin who had a new scar that  decorated his face and did not bother to style his sandy blond hair, allowing it to fall into his eyes.

"They had a  fight." Asteria had whispered.

"But they're the Marauders, they never fight." Briare had replied.

Seeming like the school cared more about the  fall out of the Marauders than their fallout with Lucius. (Perhaps since it has been going on for a while now.) She had no idea what happened so drastic to break them apart.

Perhaps the year 1976  was cursed, Narcissa concluded. 

Narcissa right now walked to the library to study alone. It was not fun to study in the common room. Avery and his stupid followers whenever she was in their premises constantly made snide and vulgur remarks on what possibly caused their fallout.

As she got deeper into the library a smell of smoke wafted from a quiet corner. Peeking through the shelves she saw the windows cracked open and Sirius with his black hair messily falling into his face, fingers curled around a cigarette.