"You need to start shopping and packing."

"Why?"

"It's your brother's wedding."

"Did you forget that we don't exist for each other?"

Her face falls. "I didn't mean it. I am so sorry."

"It's fine. But we could still have some girl time together. What do you think?"

And she hugs me so tightly that I almost fall off the bed and we do and then we start laughing.

The door unlocks and Kai and Eli comes in looking at us weirdly.

We look at them and then at each other and then start laughing.

"Are you guys drunk? Or have you guys just gone insane?" Eli chimes in. Poor guy looks so traumatized. I almost felt bad for him. Kai just leaves.

1 WEEK LATER

"Are you ready to leave?"

It's 15th August and I am ready to leave for London.

"Yeah."

"Did you pack everything?"

"I did." Except my patience.

"I am sorry I can't drop you off to the airport."

"It's fine, Ira. Don't stress about it. Your work is more important."

"I will see you on 22nd."

"Yeah."

"Take care. I Love you. Kill anyone who is rude to you."

I laugh and nod. "I will."

HONK!

"Seems like the cab is here. I will leave. Bye." I take my luggage.

I reach the airport and am in the waiting room. I reached here early so I am reading a book.

I almost cry when the main character breakup because of their busy schedules.

I am so engrossed with the novel that I don't notice a familiar black combat boot tapping for my attention. I look up and gasp and then think that maybe I might be dreaming. This can't be true.

Nope! I pinch myself. I must be dreaming. He is really haunting me in my dreams too. That asshole.

"You aren't going there alone. I will be your date."

My jaw drops. Then I look around me.

Nobody has noticed his presence yet. He is wearing a black shirt and black jeans and black coat and he is wearing a hat. Why has he dressed up like a grim reaper? Whose soul is he planning to take? Mine, duh!

My author self is quiet speechless.

"Are you dead?" his tone snappy and frustrated.

"No. I am quiet stunned. What wrong did I do to receive your fellowship?"

He raises his eyebrows and glances at his watch and then glares at me like I dared waste his time by asking him questions. Then so be it.