13.

Derek

I finish making food for the kids. I plate it and put it on the table. I go into the living room where the kids are watching tv.

I tell them to come eat in the kitchen and they run into the kitchen and start eating.

I pour them each a glass of water and give it to them. I go back into the living room where Meredith is sitting on the couch holding Ellis on her chest.

Ellis is laying on Meredith's chest, sleeping peacefully. she's wearing a light lavender onesie while Meredith is wearing a matching light lavender knitted sweater.

"Meredith, can we talk?" I ask sitting next to her on the couch.

"Yeah, sure," she says sitting up slightly and gently wrapping her arms around Ellis.

"If you knew for all this time that I kissed another woman, then why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"I wasn't sure if you were having an affair or if it was just a one-time thing, I stalked your phone all day every day and watched your every move and put a tracking device in your phone and followed you if you went somewhere I didn't know... and when you didn't do anything I let to go... and I guess I've been keeping that anger in me ever since. I said I was over it and I wasn't, I'm sorry for lying to you," she says.

"It's fine. and at the time when I did cheat my mind was somewhere else, I was thinking about other things... I was thinking about what I would be doing if I was at home, with you and the kids, and then her lips were on mine, and I kissed her back because in my head I was thinking about you and then I came back and remembered I was in D.C, not Seattle, and it was her, not you," I say.

"I know, she told me about it, except she made it sound much more romantic than you just did," she says.

"Romantic? there was no romance, I was practically half asleep," I scoff.

"I know, it takes you hours to think about romance, not a few minutes," she says.

"But I really am sorry for what happened, you know that, right?" I say.

"Yeah, I know that" she says softly.

I look down at her lips before looking back at her eyes. we slowly lean in, and our lips meet.

we kiss until we hear small babbles and noises coming from Ellis who is still in Meredith's arms, Meredith supporting her head.

"Hello, did you want attention too," I ask a higher voice as I take her from Meredith. Meredith giggles as Ellis starts smiling.

I hold Ellis on my chest and gently pat her back until she slowly starts to fall asleep.

"You should take her into her room," Meredith says, quietly not to wake up Ellis.

"I'll do that," I say as I stand up carefully not to startle her.

I carry her into the nursery and gently lay her in the crib. I pick up the thin blanket and toss it on the lower half of her body since it is getting a bit colder out.

I leave the nursey closing the door behind me. i go into the kitchen and see that the kids are finished eating.

I take their plates and glasses to the sink and start to wash them as they run upstairs to get themselves washed up.

........................................................................................

they made up. suggestions???