12.

Meredith Grey

I come from a long day at work and for some reason I had a feeling I would walk in on Derek making out with some young brunette.

Brunette wives picture their husbands cheating with young blondes and blonde wives picture their husbands cheating with young brunettes.

I was the young blonde he was cheating with, but I suppose the situation was a bit different because Derek left a cheating wife and had an affair while she was having an affair with another man.

but instead, the entire house was spotless. when having three kids the house is never spotless.

I drop my things on the bench next to the front door and walk further into the house. I go to Ellis' nursery and go to check on her but when I open the door see an empty room.

It's cleaner than it usually is but there's no Ellis. this house is empty. there are no kids in this house and maybe most parents would enjoy having no kids in the house but honestly it scares me because I don't know where they are or who they're with.

maybe Derek sold them to Renee to have sex with him and make sure I didn't find out this time. I take my phone out of my pocket and dial Derek's number.

the phone rings for a bit before he answers. "Where the hell are you and where are the kids?" I ask.

"I'm at the mall with them. I thought I'd go shopping for the kids, get them some new clothes. I never knew how many cute clothes for little girls, now I see why women enjoy shopping for their daughters nowadays," he says. he sounds happy, sadly.

"Are you almost done, I need to feed Ellis," I say taking my hair out of its ponytail.

"Yes, we'll be home in a bit. and I also want to talk about yesterday with you and I'm sure you want to talk to me as well so we'll be back in a bit. and don't be surprised if Zola wants to give you a fashion show, she wanted to dress like you, so I bought her a whole new closet," he chuckles.

"Okay, I'll see you when you get home," I say before hanging up the phone.

While I'm waiting for Derek and the kids to get home I go into my bedroom and take a quick shower and change into a pair of dark-washed jeans and a purple sweater with a white t-shirt underneath.

a few minutes later I hear the front door open and the sound of chaos walk through the door. I finish brushing my hair and go into the living room.

"Mommy!" Bailey and Zola cheer as they run over to me.

bending down and hugging them. "Hello, my babies," I kiss their heads.

"Did you have fun with Daddy at the mall?" I ask as I stand up and walk over to Derek.

"Yes, we bought a lot of new clothes!" Bailey says as I take Ellis from Derek without looking at him once.

"How did you like the mall, Hmm?" I smile kissing her cheek as she smiles back.

"everybody loved her, especially the women," Derek says.

"Well, I'm sure you enjoyed that. at least you don't have to do it yourself anymore," I say rolling my eyes and turning my attention back to Ellis.

"Meredith," he says.

"Are you hungry? did Daddy starve you all day?" I kiss her forehead and take her into the nursery as I continue to hear Derek say my name.

"Derek, can you make something for the kids to eat while I feed Ellis?" I say standing at the door.

"Meredith-"

"great, thanks," I say before going into the nursery and closing the door.

--

after I feed Ellis I burp her. she starts to whine a bit into my chest.

"What's wrong? are you not feeling well?" I coo lifting her up a bit.

I lay her on my chest and feel her diaper and feel that she needs a diaper. I stand up with her and lay her on the changing table.

I remove her clothes and toss her wet diaper into the diaper trash can, put a clean one on and change her into a purple onesie, one matching my sweater.

I lift her up and lay her on my chest, kissing her head. I pick up a small purple bow from her dresser and clip it onto her little blonde hair.

I pull back and look at her for a bit before smiling and kissing her cheek repeatedly making her giggle and smile.

I carry her back into the living room and see Derek cooking something for the kids in the kitchen.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Suggestions???