8.

DEREK

I woke up the next morning. I rolled onto my side and reached out for Meredith but when I placed my hand on her side of the bed it was empty.

I opened my eyes and sat up a bit and she wasn't in bed. I looked around the room that wasn't completely dark because the sun coming up.

she wasn't in the bedroom either. I thought maybe she had already woken up and went to wake the kids.

I got up after a few minutes and went into the bathroom. but when I walked in I found Meredith taking a shower, but she wasn't moving, she was just standing there.

"Meredith?" I asked as I walked over to the toilet and lowered my pants a little before taking my penis out.

she didn't respond. I finished up and washed my hands. "Meredith, can you hear me?" I ask walking over to the closed shower door.

"Of course I can hear you, I'm not deaf," she says in a weak voice. "since when do you get up so early on your day off? I thought you've slept in," I say while taking off my sweatpants.

once I was fully naked I opened the sliding door and stepped in. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed the side of her head.

"I missed you when I woke up," I say trying to kiss her lips but she her head away.

"are you okay?" I ask. "I'm fine," she says as she picks up her washcloth and pours some lavender body wash on to it.

"you don't sound fine, your voice doesn't have much energy as it usually does," I say.

"I just don't feel that well, that's all," she says as she slowly runs the washcloth up her arm.

"are you sick?" I ask. "it's just a small cold, nothing big," she says. I see her having a hard time with the washcloth, so I take it out of her hand and spin her around so she's facing me.

I use the washcloth to gently wash her body until she's all clean. once I'm finished, I tell her she should go get dried off and dressed into some clean clothes and that I'll be out soon.

she nods her head and steps out of the shower. I wash my hair and then my body, and then I rinse out the conditioner.

after my shower, I get out and I see that Meredith went back into the bedroom. I dry myself off and dry my hair, then style it.

I walk back into the bedroom and get dressed into my good red shirt with a pair of black dress pants, black briefs, and black socks.

I turn around and expect to see Meredith in bed but I don't. I leave the bedroom and walk into the living room but she's not in there either.

so I go into the kitchen, but she's not in there either. I check on Zola and bailey and they're both still asleep.

so I decide to go into Ellis' room. I walk into the room and see Meredith in the rocking chair breastfeeding Ellis with a mask on.

"Honey, what are you doing?" I ask with a small smile. "I'm feeding her. I don't want to get her sick but I also don't want her to starve," she says.

I nod and walk over to her. "Hi, Ellie," I say as I kiss Ellis' forehead before I pull away and kiss the top of Meredith's head as her hair is now into a mid-ponytail.

"is she almost done, you should get some rest... and you look kind of funny wearing that in the house," I say earning a glare from her.

"shut up, you see me wearing a mask all the time at work," she rolls her eyes. "that's because there's a lot of covid patients or you're in surgery, but I've never seen you doing because you have the flu while breastfeeding our baby... but it's kind of turning me on," I say with a smirk.

"you have the worst timing, I was going to have sex with you last night but you fell asleep, your loss because I'm sick now," she says.

"you never told me that," I say. "yes, I did. you were just half asleep when you came home. you almost dropped your face into the plate when we were eating dinner last night," she says.

"I don't remember that," I say trying to think back to last night. I had a twelve hour surgery.

"do you remember hearing children laughter while falling asleep?" she asks. "I thought that was me having a nightmare," I say.

"No, it was your two kids laughing at you," she says. "I would have drank a cup of coffee for the energy if you told me," I say, kissing her cheek.

"then you wouldn't have slept at all," she says. "then we could be sleeping right now," I smirk. "we have three kids, don't get your hopes up," she says.

"how can you still be so moody, you're sick, you're supposed to be mopey and sad," I say. "being mopey and sad is boring and annoying, I've done it my whole life, it's depressing," she says.

"whatever you say. you didn't wake the other kids up yet?" I ask. "No, it's a weekend, I want them to sleep in while they can," she says.

"I'll go wake them then," I say. I kiss her head then Ellis' cheek before I leave the room

pt 2?

I'm literally watching a live steam of a HUGE fire but idk where it is, I'm guessing Ukraine??

WTF WAS THAT?! 'BEFORE TAKING MY PENIS OUT' I'M DEADDDDD. Idk what that was...