"Well. I'm not a fortune teller." I raise my shoulders. (🤷‍♀️) Trying to defend myself from Dani.

"Boo. You can be! If you put your mind to it! You know?" Dani stated as she bood to me playfully.

"What?" I looked at her awkwardly with confusion planted on my brows, i'm trying to not laugh at her corny line but after a second we both bursted out laughing. I don't know why we we're laughing so much over something that shallow. Was it really that funny.

———————

Danielle and I figured we should get something to eat, I forgot that I was planning on getting food too because of our unending conversation. We got some pizza and cookies for dessert. Dani insisted that she pays for it since I helped her in her appeal, I told her I didn't do much but she still pushed that she pays so I had to agree. I need to learn to say no sometimes, I'll find a way to pay her back in the future, I'll put it on my notes.

We've just been seated at her couch while we wait for our ordered dinner to arrive. Danielle has been throwing me a handful of questions, from where my hometown is to asking the reason behind choosing my undergraduate degree. It's fun being able to share things about myself and having to think of answers to questions I have never thought of.

"Are you talking to anyone?" Danielle asks me. Talking to anyone?

"Talking like friends? or like love interest?" I clear up my confusion with her question.

"Like love interest! Duh. If you dont mind me asking." Danielle adds.

"Not really, I've never been in a relationship for a couple years now."

"Oh you've already been in one? Like a real one?" Danielle gives me a curious expression. Is that surprising?

"Yeah, just one. Haven't you?"

"No not at all! Never anything serious."

I nod my head at her reply. Love is a little hard to come by sometimes so that makes sense.

"What happened? again if you don't mind me asking." She asks.

"Circumstances just tore us apart but we we're still very young. So I guess it was bound to happen." I pass my gaze back to the ceiling.

"You're okay though right?" Danielle continues her question spree.

"Yeah, I miss the feeling sometimes but it's not so bad."

Danielle started moving to position herself to lie by the couch, I froze for a second when she rested her head by my thighs. "Is this fine?" Dani asked permission as she places her head down.

I just looked down on her and nodded my head, I don't mind it actually. Danielle seems to be a clingy and hugging person, it's nice to have someone be comfortable to be with too.

"Consider yourself lucky to have ever felt love, Haerin. To love and be loved is a privilege, even if that love had faded."

"You think so? Even if it hurt? Does the pain equate to the experience?" I place my head back to look at the ceiling. This short conversation has turned to somehow deeper and relevant.

"Yes, I've never experienced one myself, and I'm not even sure if I'm even capable of it. Atleast you know you can." I hear her chuckle a bit from the words she said.

"We'll you're not entirely sure of that. Love can be seen anywhere anyways. from your work, friends, family. Sometimes it comes knocking at your door and you'll never expect it."

I transfer my gaze back to Danielle to give her a promising smile, and as we locked eyes. I see her gaze glisten and shine. Not the usual bright look she gives but something far more profound and meaningful. The way she smiled back at me left me feeling in awe. Danielle's aura is something familiar yet so fascinating. How can I find comfort with a person this quick in our friendship?

—————————
A/N

i MIGHT make a separate story for a daerin spin off in the same universe as this!!! so stay tuned :> i kind of want to focus on bbangsaz for romance is not dead but just have a little daerin at the background.

i put this very short chapter on to introduce that daerin's also starting to know each other and find some sort of closeness... i hope you guys dont mind!!! 😭

big chapter next?

i'm thinking of a significant role for hyein too so she'll also have her flowers soon 🙈 i haven't mentioned her the past few chapters :((( hyeinnie