Chapter 1

(*You'll find the Audio here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1660216188?collection=GraHRFALKhcGLg*)

"Can't you see, Cid, it no longer shows that there is a profit! How is it that you say you don't need my help?"

Cid frowned, looking as though he was really listening to his stepfather, Leonard. Really though, Cid couldn't wait for this conversation to be over, even though it just started. "My friend is helping me with it, so don't worry."

Just stick your nose out of my business, that would be muchly appreciated, old man!

"Then don't you owe your friend quite an amount? Your father's business is a bust and it has been for a very long time! If you let me merge your father's blacksmithing shop with mine, there will be a profit once again! I grant you that!"

A profit for whom? Cid asked his stepfather quietly.

It has been obvious to Cid for so long now that if he handed over the rights of his father's blacksmithing shop, he would not get a dim for it, or after it was taken!

Cid knew that his father's old blacksmithing shop had not done well since his father's death, but it wasn't like they had to shut it down completely...Well, not in the past...

And just signing it away like this!?

No way!

In Cid's eyes, his father's shop was priceless, and he found his stepfather really stupid to think that he'd sign something and get nothing for it in return!

Not once had Leonard offered anything for it! Did he really think I'd say yes!?

What a senseless old man!

Looking upon the books, that his stepfather seemed to obtain without approval, Cid frowned again.

If the books had been done properly, then it really was a problem!

In the last six months, it had gone completely backwards!

Only quickly skimming over it, narrowing his eyes to the words and numbers, Cid quickly looked away, not wanting to show that he understood what was going on.

This wasn't much of a trick that he could play for too much longer, showing that he was ignorant and someone that had troubles understanding things, but he had to use it for as long as he could...God knows what Leonard would do if he knew Cid understood!

Would he then try to give him money for it? Would he just take it? Would he use blackmail?

Would he make him sign the papers in his sleep?

It gave Cid the shivers just thinking about it...

"You see it now? The minus means backwards, it means you are spending more money! You aren't getting anything! Is it not a predicament!?" Leonard stated through matter of fact.

Cid took in a breath and sighed in his heart. His father's business had been managed by his best friends' parents, but it was at least once every two or three years that Leonard would try to obtain the business rights to it, although it was getting more and more often these days...

Cid wished that things may have been different and that his father had left his business in his friend's name, instead of his, but now...Now that he really was of age to hand over the rights to it, Leonard was becoming something that seemed to stick to him and he couldn't get rid of it!

Cid's small room had become a mess multiple of times and the so-called reason behind it was that 'thieves had come', or 'dogs or wolves' had come and that it was his fault for having food in there!