Chapter 18

Chapter 18. 

Our first stop on the tour is Annapolis, Maryland, which isn't too far away from Baltimore. It only took two hours to get there. In between those two hours, I ate breakfast (which was a breakfast sandwich from McDonald's), and slept on Alex's shoulder the whole time. We finally reached our destination and started unpacking the equipment. We were parked out of a bar which I assumed they were playing in. It was eight am, and I was still tired but I helped unpack. Matt Flyzik helped me on where to put stuff. I recognized that he had a Mickey Mouse tshirt on and a Mickey Mouse suitcase. Was he a big Disney fan or what? 

"Do you think people will show up tonight?" Alex asked me as I was putting the guitars in their places on the stage. 

"Of course they will," I said. "Who wouldn't want to come to an All Time Low show?"

"You'd be surprised."

I rolled my eyes and squeezed his hand. "Don't worry, people will show up. I promise you." And I leaned up and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"No PDA," Matt Colussy snapped. 

"Stop being a bitch, Colussy!" Alex yelled. I giggled. 

"You sure are nice to your crew."

Alex shrugged. "They're like our brothers."

I smiled. 

"Come on, Alex. We gotta do sound check," Flyzik instructed. Alex gave me another quick kiss and I headed off the stage. There weren't any seats, so I stood in the middle in the bar and watched Danny tune Alex's guitar. 

"I'm Joyce, Jack's mom, I don't think we've meet. You're Marie right?" 

I turned around and saw Jack's mom. 

"Yeah, I'm Marie. Nice to meet you," I said. 

"What are they doing now?" she asked. I recognized she had an accent. A Lebanese accent? 

"They're about to do sound check."

"Alright, well it was nice meeting you, sweetie," she smiled and walked off outside of the venue. 

"There you are!" Samantha screeched. "I was looking everywhere for you!" 

"Well I'm right here," I said, gesturing toward the stage. 

"They're sound checking already? But it's not even ten am yet."

"Testing, testing, one, two," Alex spoke in the microphone. 

I smiled a bit. 

"You guys ready?" he asked toward the guys. Rian hit his drums in agreement. They started sound checking "Circles" and after that was "Coffee Shop Soundtrack".  

"That's all you guys are sound checking?" I asked as Alex got off the stage and walked toward me. He nodded.

"Yeah, we're only doing a few songs in the set so it doesn't matter," he said. 

"Okay," I said. 

"Our show starts at six, so let's walk around town," Alex suggested. 

"Yeah, I like that," I smiled. 

"Let's go!" He kneeled down on the ground with his back facing me. I jumped on his back and wrapped my legs around his waist. He took ahold of my legs and adjusted me on his back as he gave me a piggy back ride. 

"Don't be too long, you two!" Isobel yelled. 

"We'll be back in time. I promise!" Alex yelled back. I laughed while he carried me out the door of the venue.