Chapter 16

Chapter 16. 

I'm gonna lie and say I'm not nervous about meeting Alex's parents. I mean, it's Alex's parents. The people that made him. I tucked a piece of hair behind my hair while I straighted my shirt. 

"You look great, Marie. Stop trying to fix yourself," complained Samantha. I turned around to face her and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm trying to impress his parents. I don't want to be looking like a slob," I replied. Samantha rolled her eyes. 

"I've meet Alex's parents before. They're not that bad."

"Easy for you to say, they actually like you."

"Alex's parents will like you."

"How do you know?"

"Because you're just a likeable person."

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, I'm outside your house, are you ready?" Alex asked. 

"Yeah, I'll be right down."

We both hung up. Samantha followed me down the stairs and out the door. I spotted Alex's car and Alex leaning beside it. He let out a small wave and I waved back. Is this really real right now? 

"Have fun," Samantha squealed. She hugged me tight. 

"Samantha, I can't breathe."

Samantha laughed. "Well, I better get going. Text me when you get back." 

"I will," I assured her. Samantha walked off in the other direction while I headed towards Alex's car. 

"Hey," he said, kissing me on the cheek. "You look great."

"Thanks," I said, peering down at my outfit. Black jeans with a New Found Glory tee burrowed from Samantha. Alex and I headed into his car and eventually drove away from my house. 

"So when am I going to meet your parents?" Alex asked, as he peered away from the road to lay his eyes on me.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Whenever you want, I guess."

Alex softly chuckled and turned to face the road again. "I think my parents are going to like you."

"Weird, that's why Samantha said."

"It's true. You are a likeable person. I started liking you since the day we got paired up in Science."

"Liar, you practically hated me." 

"Haha, that's true."

I laughed and hit him in the arm. 

"Hey, no hitting! I'm driving!"

"You're barely driving," I pointed out. In a few minutes, we were already at Alex's house. It was just a normal house.  

"You've been here before right?" Alex asked. 

"For the party, yeah," I said. 

"Good, so I don't have to show you my room." 

I smiled. Alex and I both got out of the car. Alex instantly threw his arm around me. He grabbed his keys out of his jeans pocket and put it in the lock and turned it. We walked into the house. His house looked totally different from the party. Of course, there wasn't any cups or trash anywhere. he stepped into the living room which was painted red. I didn't notice it at the party. Beside the living room was stairs that lead up to the bedrooms. Straight ahead was the kitchen. And beside the kitchen were stairs to the basement.