𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , strange frequencies

Start from the beginning

Or at least that was the story the two boy's decided to go with. A favor to each other. From one killer to a boy pretending to be one. 

Stiles was yet to tell Kinsey about the deal that he had made with Theo, or if he would tell her at all. She wouldn't like it, he was sure of that. Telling her that he had covered for her wouldn't be a favor to her, it would be a curse. She would be haunted by the knowledge that Stiles was calling himself a killer, telling the likes of Theo that he had killed Donovan so that her image remained a pure, untouched masterpiece. He only had her best interests at heart, he only ever tried to have them at heart, but somtimes, sometimes things were better left untouched. 

Unable to look at him anymore, Kinsey covered up the boy's body, taking a large step back from it as she rewrapped herself up in her own arms in search for comfort again, tighter than the last time, though they failed to provide her with any. Lately, she was incapable of feeling comfort, if she had ever felt it in the first place. 

Both she, Theo and Stiles looked at the Alpha on the opposite side of the room, waiting for him to speak, whether it was about Josh, The Dread Doctors, or the other obscenely large elephant in the room. It would come sooner or later, she knew that. It wasn't everyday that a fresh-faced werewolf could shift right on the spot, without any form of evolving, without even learning the werewolf 101. Just like that, she had an ability that some werewolves dreamed of. That some of them would probably kill for. As she had told her sister, she was handed it on a silver platter.

Scott hadn't spoken a word about it since leaving the hospital, though she wasn't sure whether it was due to a lack of time, or simply a lack of words. She imagined that when it processed the Alpha would have some questions to ask her, some that she wasn't sure she would even be able to answer, but amongst them was bound to be the question of why she hadn't told them about it sooner. Even her boyfriend. She expected Stiles to be especially pissed about her keeping the secret. After the mess that they'd been through lately, something like that shouldn't have been so hard for her to share, perhaps it was denial that made her keep it between her and Malia, or perhaps she was sick of having these special things happen to her, none of which she asked for.

When Scott failed to speak, Stiles moved the conversation along, questioning what they planned to do with Josh's body, they couldn't just set the alarm and leave him here, that was how Tracy's body had disappeared. Someone would have to stay here, a task that none of them had jumped to volunteer for. Babysitting a dead body wasn't the most appealing plan for a Saturday night. It was Theo who caved first, he imagined that the three in relationships had much more intriguing plans for the weekend than he did, he was prepared to be the one who sacrificed their sleep with the hopes he would catch the person responsible for the missing bodies. 

While she wasn't so eager to volunteer before, Kinsey agreed to help out, suggesting that it may take two sets of eyes to keep watch of Josh's body tonight, and perhaps a better chance of being able to fight off whoever came for the body. While Scott and Theo seemed to agree with the logic of a huntress, Stiles was eager to get them off of the idea, prepared to pull out any excuse to stop the two of them being left alone together for the etnrire night. Especially after what happened at the hospital. Only he hadn't had the chance before Scott's phone chimed, snatching up his slim chances of convincing Kinsey there was something more important for her to be doing. 

They all paused as they watched the Alpha's eyes widen at the text message on his screen, Scott double checked it, sure that he must have misread it, but he hadn't. Another one, he said below his breath. Another Chimera. 

Stiles rushed over to the wolf's side, reading the text message, muttering a single name aloud as he did so. Hayden. He said it twice, the second time in a questioning tone, unsure he'd heard of a Hayden before. Even so, there was something familiar about the name, as if someone had said it to him recently. And then he looked up to the starstruck Kinsey who knew exactly where it came from. Her. That distorted voice from the hospital monitor had called that name. Whispering it in her ear. Hayden.