~~Hope~~

Hope

Chapter One

I quickly covered my mouth to stop a giggle. My best friend, Julia Romero and I were in seventh period, and I have to say Mr. Kelly, our history teacher, was not thinking when he put us next to each other. 

Julia has short, spiky, blonde hair, she's a little taller than average size, very skinny, and the perfect best friend.

I, on the other hand am almost completely different looking. I have long, to the back, straight brown hair, I'm average size, the perfect body, with the most dull eyes. Julia has bright blue eyes, while I have my mother's brown ones. 

As the bell rang, we both slowly picked up our things and headed for the door, but before we got there, Mr. Kelly's voice stopped us. "Anna, please stay for a couple of minutes."

Folding my arms across my chest in an independent way, I waited as everyone left, included Julia. Plopping down on top of one of the desks, while Mr. Kelly stood in front of me.

"I know you are better then this." He told me.

"I'm confused." I replied.

"You just aren't trying hard enough, it you tried harder you can get the grade you want."

Confused I stared at him "I have no idea what you are saying, I have a B in this class."

"Yes, but I know you want an A." 

"Oh, don't you mean you want me to get an A? Well, last time I checked your not me!" As I said it I got up and left.

Once out of the classroom, I found Julia waiting for me. From her expression, I knew she had heard everything. 

"That was unfair!" She complained. "I thought he was gonna say something about us talking, but your grade? What's wrong with it?"

"i dunno, but I do know who is on my worst teacher's list." We walked out of the building, then continued down the street. 

"He is a jerk." As she said it, we turned left. "There's a bunch of other people with a lot worse grades in that class, but he has to take it out on you."

"I don't care really, I don't have to listen to him, my grade is good. It may not be the best but it's good."

She nodded, as we came up to my house. Julia just lived a little bit down from me. "Bye Anna Banana!" She called as she walked away.

"Bye Jules!" I called back as I walked into my house. I lived in a two story fancy house. My mom always kept it clean, and there were pictures, and decorations everywhere. My mom loved decorating.

"Hi" I said as I walked into the kitchen where my mother was paying bills and my three year old sister was sitting on the floor playing with her barbies.

"Hey, Anna." My mom replied looking up from the papers. "How was you day?"

 "Like any other school day, really mom it's just school not much happens." I then decided I wouldn't tell her about Mr. Kelly.

"Well, I was just wondering, sweetie." She said as she focused on the bills again.

I walked over to my little sister, Lilly and scooped her up. "And how was your day?" I asked her in my sweet talk voice.

"It was fun!" She giggled. "Mommy took me to the park! And guess what Anna! I saw a doggy! It was cute! But mommy wouldn't let me take it home!"

Laughing my mother added, "Lilly, honey, it was on a leash!"

I laughed putting her back onto the floor, then turned back to my mom. "Where's Jack?" I asked referring to my step-dad.

"Working late again." She sighed. "They're always keeping him late, and hardly ever give him any money for the extra work. I wish he would do something about it, but he likes his job."

"I Know, mommy." I told her giving her a hug, as I did my cellphone started to ring. Pulling it out, I found out it was a text from Julia, saying: 'Hey my parent are fighting again, and I don't know how much more I can take, can we walk around for a bit?' Quickly I typed back, 'Of course start heading over here and we can go far away from them.'

"I'm gonna go walk around with Julia, okay?" I asked my mom as I stretched.

Nodding she looked up at me, "Be good, be safe, and don't be out too late. I know you fourteen, but honey that's still young."

"Yeah, yeah." I replied grabbing my jacket and heading out the door. The cold wind blew my hair back, as I made my way down the street the way Julia was coming. When we finally came to each other I gave her a big hug, as the tears rolled down her face. Her parents have been fighting repeatedly for months, I have no idea why they haven't split up yet, but each time it gets worse. At first it was arguing, then yelling, then throwing things, and now it was hitting and pushing. I was afraid of what was coming next for her.

"It's gonna be okay." I told her, pulling back. "Remember you can always move in with me."

"I hope so, but I've been telling myself that for months, and it's all been lies!" More tears fell.

"Don't talk like that Julia. Your parents should not be fighting like this in front of you! It's not right, they're not thinking of you..."

"I hate it, I hate it so much! They use to love each other a lot! Was it me who ruined that?"

"Julia Romero! Don't ever talk like that again! I mean it, if you do something bad will happen. Okay? Because like I said everything will be okay, don't loose hope, there's always hope."

"Okay, Anna your my best friend, you know that?" She said, as I looked around we were way past our neighborhood now.

Just as I was going to respond I heard a car slowly come to a halt behind us, soon enough it was right next to Julia. Before I had time to react the guy jumped out, and grabbed Julia holding something in his hand. Julia has never been the one to fight, so like a protective sister I attacked the man. I have to say, I have more strength then a regular fourteen year old girl. As I kicked and punched at him, he got angry. He reached out grabbing my wrist as I fought, and he plunged down his hand, it was then I saw what he had in it. It was a syringe filled with a clear liquid.

I tried to dodge it, but it was too late. The needle landed right into a vain in my leg, as all the liquid went into my body he turned back to Julia who was trying to call 911 on her cell. I once again tried to fight as he landed another syringe into Julia, but I became very weak. Stumbling back I felt him grab me, and led me towards his car, but before I could even speak everything went black.