𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝟎𝟖

Start from the beginning

"disadvantage?" you tilted your head, "naww, i don't think so." you revealed the ropes in your hands, giving slight jazz hands as the group of murderers tensed. they were about to lunge and get you trapped before you lifted a finger, "ah! don't!" they halted, the trio on the couch gripping tightly on the back of the couch's seat as jeff stood abruptly still, "weapons are staring you down, from tranquillisers to bullets at every corner. if it isn't much obvious, i don't think you should move."

the air was tense, the tension rising as you smiled innocently, throwing the rope away and rubbing at your wrist that were now red. feedback and criticism, they didn't take off your gadgets around your arms, must've not noticed, how ironic for a bunch of ruthless killers.

"smiles, move to the couch." you beckoned the man who was a few feet away from you, he bared his teeth together, knuckles turning white from the force of his grip on his knife. regardless of the anger, he obliged reluctantly.

the silence was unbearable to the killers, throughout their career, they've never felt so panicked, so frustrated... so vulnerable. to you on the other hand, it was like playing a game of monopoly, and you were the monopoly man.

unexpectedly, toby grabbed at his hatchet with speed and leaned from the couch to get to you.

before anything could happen, before he could make it off the couch, before he could touch you, a loud gunshot rang through the house, startling everyone.

hoodie and masky whipped their heads to look at the young proxy despite knowing of the high risks of being shot. toby stood still, a loud metal thud hit the floor as the head of his hatchet laid there. the brunette gripped of what's left of the hatchet's handle, the wooden thing was blown off into bits by the large bullet, so close to his hand that it gave him shivers.

"try something and the next thing dropping to the floor is your head." you retorted, "that bullet seem real enough to you?" you grinned mockingly while crossing your arms, leaning yourself to the side, "tsk tsk tsk, bringing a lion to it's den is like asking for a death wish." you shook your head disapprovingly like a disappointed mother, "now, i want you to answer my questions with much honesty unless one of you want to end up being a liability for your... little cult or whatever." you clasped your hands together, "to start, let's all sit in the kitchen shall we?"

。・゚𓂅ꗃ𓂅ꗃ𓂅ꗃ ゚・。

you sat on one side of the counter as the rest sat on the opposite, a cup of water placed in front of them which you were kind enough to offer them, "where is ben."

the quadro glanced at each other, hoodie being the one to answer, "he—"

"lies are not welcome, i know enough about you people, be that your witchcraft bullshit or assassin like skills. i also have a good assumption to where you live so be kind enough and tell me from the very beginning." you advised with a bitter sweet smile, hands intertwining themselves under your chin as you leaned on them.

hoodie seemed to stay silent, disregarding whatever he wanted to say beforehand as masky sighed in defeat, "ben has some sort of tech ability which lets him breach into classified information and travel through devices, we forced him to find intel about you which he wasn't really into but did nonetheless resulting to why he appeared." he paused for a moment, briefly turning to his comrades before speaking again, "he didn't come back for a few days but when he did this morning to grab a few clothes, we managed to catch him, forcing him to take us here thus leading to all... of this." he concluded, it was clear they were hiding more but you would pry later.

"where is he then?" you raised a brow, leaning into your chair as your hands rested on the table.

"home."

aside from ben, you managed to grasp the thought of your case. you found the suspects, had strong leads and proof but this was just beyond normal. supernatural, ghost-lookin, creepy, assassin-like emo band? that's just fucked...

you huffed, "it's only fair if i tell you my reasons, despite you being criminals and all, this is just abnormal than i ought it to be." you confessed, "i assume you know my name but i'll introduce myself, my name is y/n l/n and im an inventor. i came from new york and was hired to solve the state's most coldest case which included you all." you individually looked at the killers in front of you, "regarding of the case, i clearly have solved it and can send my report to my higher ups..." you trailed off, peaking the interests of the killers excluding jeff who gave no interest.

"but?" toby added.

"but you're all crazy and not stable nor normal, not in a mental way, just in a supernatural way?" you shrugged with a shake of your head, "i'll think of what to do later, for now let's make a truce and settle it down. can you go back, i don't want to deal with this anymore." you loved the chase but adding powers and abilities that defy the law of science just hurts your brain.

no one answered your question which made you look up at the four killers with a puzzled expression, "we can't go back without ben and at the moment, he's receiving a punishment for being absent back at home." hoodie answered your silent question with uncertainty.

you pursed your lips with furrowed eyebrows, "what?"

————————————

uh oh, stuck in a situation here