Epilogue

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

She couldn't look at his face.

She just couldn't.

He has practically stopped talking.

He was brooding most of the time lost in his scary thoughts.

Gauri sighs seeing him walk in.

Omkara forces a smile on his face.

Gauri reassuringly tries to smile at him.

The moment he walked into their bedroom, Bhavya whispers to her, "He is going to die of a heart attack."

Gauri worriedly looks at her. "He is so worried that he is not sleeping at night. He is smoking so much; he is practically living in the balcony."

Bhavya sighs. "You tell your mother to stop talking about how you were a premature baby. I think he expects the baby to pop out any second."

Gauri sighs. She knew the reason Omkara was worried wasn't that the baby could be premature, she was way over her due date, closing in on 40 weeks. And their baby was big.

Though, Omkara had started sharing to her about his worries, concerns and stresses, this, he just wouldn't share with her because he thought that was going to scare her, when it was his worry that was scaring her.

Gauri caresses her stomach as she sighed in worry. Please come soon, baby.

********

Finally, all their prayers were answered. Gauri went into labor in the middle of the night.

"I don't want him with me." Gauri tells the doctor as she gasped in pain.

Omkara looks at her shock. "Gauri..."

Gauri lovingly caresses his cheek. "You are so scared and worried. I can do this alone."

Omkara kisses her hand and tells her, "I don't have many memorable moments in life. Our baby... I don't want to lose out that moment."

"You'll be fine, right?" Gauri asks him worriedly.

"Yes." Omkara promises her.

********

"How did he do?" Vasundhara asks Gauri.

"He did good." A half dead, Gauri tells her mother as she held Omkara's hand.

Vasundhara smiles happily.

"It's a girl like you wanted." Harsh tells Omkara with happy tears.

"Not wanted, he was very sure." Gauri teases him.

Omkara chuckles as he lovingly held their daughter.

They hear the door open and turn to look and sees Bhavya walk in. "I went to get coffee and that is when you come to room!"

Gauri chuckles.

"How did he do?" Bhavya asks as she excitedly looked at the baby.

"He did good." Gauri tells her smiling.

********

"Rudra is on his way." Bhavya informs them as she on the couch watching Omkara and Gauri with their daughter.

"Yeah, he had messaged. He had some meeting." Omkara informs Gauri.

"I think he is planning to propose me." Bhavya says thoughtfully.

"About time, I say." Gauri mutters.

"He is worried that he is not as rich as you." Omkara tells her.

"I am poorer than him. my parents are rich." Bhavya rolls her eyes, her pottery business was slowly picking up but it wasn't there yet.