Part Twenty-Two

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

"She is dragging sack full of mud through the house." Omkara complains to Gauri.

Gauri looks up at him with a sigh and asks him with a smile, "Aren't you behaving like a naughty brother snitching on his sister?"

"She is bringing mud into the house." Omkara softly complaints like a stubborn kid.

"She asked me, Omkara. she loves pottery. It is for that." Gauri tells him.

Omkara looks away, not liking it.

"It reminded me of you." Gauri tells him as she stood up and took his hand in hers.

"Me?" Omkara asks confused.

"Bhavya wanted to do pottery professionally but her parents didn't allow. Just like how you wanted to be an engineer." Gauri gently tells him.

Omkara nods with a sigh, feeling sorry for Bhavya.

"She will do it in the balcony. She will set her pottery wheel there. She won't dirty the house."

"It is okay." Omkara replies. "Anyway the maid comes to clean the house." Omkara tells her with a shrug.

Gauri smiles and hugs him. "You're a darling, Omkara."

Omkara shrugs feeling awkward.

"Bhavya wants to make some cute vessels for us to thank us for letting her stay here."

"Okay."

***********

"The TV is too loud." Omkara irately tells Gauri.

Gauri keeps her hand on her forehead tired.

"How are you studying in that loud noise?" Omkara asks her.

"It is not loud, Omkara." Gauri tells him sighing.

"I can't read a word."

"Are you reading with your ears?" Gauri asks him.

Omkara glares at her. "I can't concentrate." Omkara tells her in a clipped tone.

"Then tell Bhavya to reduce the volume." Gauri tells him.

"Why can't you tell her?" Omkara asks her frowning.

"Because I don't think the TV is loud."

Omkara glares at her, pissed and fed up, Omkara turns around to leave the room.

"We're having only one child, Omkara." Gauri declares.

"What?" Omkara turns to her in shock. "Why?"

"Because I can't deal with another pair of siblings." Gauri tells him cheekily.

"She is not my sister." Omkara mutters irately realizing that she is teasing him.

*******

They were having dinner.

Omkara was about to take the roti when Bhavya, not realizing that, took the roti.

Omkara turns to glare at Gauri. Gauri tears her roti in half and gives it to him.

"Did you want that?" Bhavya asks seeing that.

"No." Omkara replies as he glared down at his plate and ate.

Bhavya looks at Gauri and Gauri winks at her as she smiled.

Gauri sighs as she made a mental note to tell their cook to make more rotis from now on. Both of them had well for stomach.