Part Five

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Listening to his even breathing, Gauri knew he had slept. He was lying behind her, his arms wrapped around her and his chin resting on her shoulders. Gauri gently frees herself from him, and without making a sound, slips out of the bed.

Omkara opens his eyes and curiously looks around. Realizing that he was at the flat with Gauri, he sits up as he tried to clear the sleep from his eyes. Not finding Gauri near him, he looks around and notices light creeping through the door. he gets up and pulls on his pants as he walked out the bedroom.

He sees Gauri sitting on the living room floor, bend over the table as she wrote something. He walks to her noticing that she was wearing a long night dress, it made her look very prim and proper. He almost laughed remembering how not so proper she is in bed. The things she would demand and expect from him while they were in bed, and when he was in Switzerland and every night when they had cybersex, she had been so dominating and demanding, it had made him crave for her more intensely.

"Did I wake you?" Gauri asks him noticing him.

"What are you doing?" Omkara asks her as he sat next to her.

"Assignment." Gauri replies.

"How come you're doing it now?" Omkara asks her.

"I was planning to do it tonight."

"Then why didn't you make that excuse?" Omkara asks her curiously.

"Because you told me not to give you excuses." Gauri cheekily tells him.

Seeing her smiling, he softly chuckles.

"I wanted to come." Gauri shyly whispers to him.

Omkara didn't say anything for a few seconds, then he leans towards her and kisses her cheek.

Gauri watches him in shock at the tender kiss. He had never kissed her unless it was to make love.

"What?" Omkara asks her confused as he turned his attention to one of her books.

"I just don't understand you." Gauri tells him softly.

"What do you mean?" Omkara asks her as he looked at her.

"Sometimes, you are so human and in a talkative mood and sometimes you are so robotic and doesn't even say a word."

"I'm what I am." Omkara replies with a shrug as he flipped through the book.

"If I didn't know better, I would think that you have some evil twin, who comes in your place." Gauri jokes.

Omkara turns to her and tells her with a slight possessive tone, "It's me. always me."

"I know." Gauri replies rolling her eyes.

Gauri turns her attention back to her book, then she stops and asks him softly. "Do you want me? is that why you came?"

"You finish your assignment." Omkara tells her.

Gauri smiles and continues with her work.

"Who is Atul?" Omkara asks frowning seeing the name scribbled all over a page.

"My senior." Gauri replies.

"Why do you have his name written all over?" Omkara asks frowning possessively.

"It's his guide. He gave it to me because he didn't need it anymore."

"Why are you using his guide?" Omkara asks her as he turned to her frowning.