Part Twenty-One

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Noticing, Gauri looking at them, Omkara extricates himself from the girl.

"Hi." The girl says with a smile as she walked to Gauri.

"Hi." Gauri replies a little confused as she looked at Omkara.

"This is Bhavya, she is the daughter of a friend of my father." Omkara introduces awkwardly.

"Oh. Hello." Gauri politely smiles though she couldn't make out why the hell Omkara was awkward.

"I am sorry, I didn't get your name." Bhavya tells Gauri politely.

"Gauri Kumari Sharma." Gauri politely tells her.

"Nice to meet you, Gauri." Bhavya tells her smiling.

"Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi." Omkara corrects frowning possessively at Gauri.

Gauri and Bhavya turns to look at Omkara. embarrassed, Gauri tells Bhavya. "Just getting used to the new name."

"I understand. So used to one name for decades, will take time to get familiar with the new name. I would never change my name after marriage." Bhavya tells her.

Gauri politely nods.

"How come you are here, Bhavya?" Omkara politely asks her.

"Just to see you guys." Bhavya says shrugging.

"Oh, I actually have some meetings. I need to leave in a bit." Omkara tells her.

Gauri frowns in confusion, she didn't know he was supposed to go out.

"That's okay. you carry on. I'll spend time with Gauri." Bhavya tells him smiling.

Omkara's eyes widen in shock while Gauri looked at Bhavya and Omkara in confusion.

"Erm... you guys don't know each other." Omkara points out uncomfortably.

"I'll get to know her. you go, Omkara. I'll be fine." Bhavya tells him smiling brightly at him.

Omkara looks at Gauri for help but Gauri who had no clue what was happening, looked at him confused. In the end, Omkara just goes to their bedroom.

Gauri and Bhavya watched as Omkara walked to the bedroom. Once the door closed, they both turned to look at each other.

"Erm... please sit." Gauri politely says, having no idea how she was going to entertain this guest.

Bhavya sits down and says awkwardly. "He is so uncomfortable."

Gauri was surprised that Bhavya noticed Omkara's discomfort. Didn't she notice hers?

"Are you also uncomfortable?" Bhavya asks her hesitantly. "I hope you don't feel awkward with me."

"Why should I feel awkward with you?" Gauri asks her confused.

"You don't know." Bhavya whispers in shock.

"Know what?" Gauri asks confused.

"Erm... our parents had plans to get us married." Bhavya hesitantly tells her.

"Oh." Gauri whispers finally understanding why Omkara was awkward. Why didn't he ever mention Bhavya to her?

"It was what they wanted." Bhavya quickly tells her.

"You didn't want?" Gauri asks her softly.

"Who in their right mind would want to marry an emotionally dead man?" Bhavya asks her in shock. Then realize just exactly who she had asked that, she turns pale and says, "Sorry... sorry... I didn't mean it like that... you know, how he is."