Chapter 25: I Can't Do This All Alone

While the people in black with rude, non-attractive appearances are getting closer to Edward and Natalia, the girl imagines everything that might happen now. At heart, the man is also afraid of the people that work on his uncle Michael, who decided to do something crueler this time. But he cannot let himself give in, and he hides his fears and doubts so hard under a mask of indifference and confidence in himself and his strength.

"I don't like all of this..." Natalia whispers in a shaking voice, not moving her dumbfounded eyes off the people, who are one meter away from her.

"I did say I wouldn't let them harm you," Edward replies quietly, tightly hugging Natalia and pressing her to himself. "They can do anything they want to me, but I won't let them come to you."

"One against five?" Natalia opens her eyes widely. "You went crazy?"

"As Uncle Michael decided to do a lot crueler things and planned something horrible, I have no choice."

"Maybe, we better run away before they come?"

Natalia gives a start sharply, taking Edward after her. But believing that they think of running, the man, who is going further than the others, throws loudly:

"Don't dare to run, scumbag! If you and the blonde-haired gal move off, I swear you will be dead. You will not run away the way your brother and his fiancée did, MacClife."

"Oh, no!" Natalia exclaims with horror in her eyes. "What's gonna happen now?"

"Fear nothing, it's gonna be okay," Edward promises softly and confidently. "Just be as close to me as possible. They'll have to deal with me before they hurt you."

"God, I wish it ended soon..." Natalia begs with wet eyes. "Please, please..."

A few seconds later, the four rude men in black confidently come to Edward and Natalia. The dark-haired man with dark brown eyes and a short, careful bristle stands ahead and throws a contemptuous gaze at them. While the girl being terribly white from fear looks at those, who are standing in front of her with horror in her eyes and imagines everything that might happen now, the man tries to stay very confident and dares to give no hint of a scare, swearing not to let Michael's people hurt the crying, shaking blonde, who is tightly pressing to him. As if she knows she will get protection and support from him.

"So, hello, MacClife," the main one greets in a low, rude voice with an evil sneer and crosses his arms over his chest. "Been so long since we met."

"Still licking the ass of that old crazy bastard, Michael?" Edward asks rudely. "Huh, Eric? The main kiss-ass of that bastard!"

"Oh, see... We just met, but you already showed your little claws. And you thought of running away from me after seeing me two miles away from you."

"I can run away from you and your fucking gang just for one reason – not to kill you in anger. I do want to shoot all of you to the fuck, or at least put your face in mud."

"Yeah... Your uncle has angelic patience if he hasn't killed you yet. I mean, he hasn't tried to do it after you spent one of your nine lives. Though, he must do it. If everything depended on me, I would've killed you a long time ago and buried your corpse in wood."

"Ha, you are still waiting for your lord to tell you to kill me!" Edward smirks evilly. "You do adore doing his dirty things. One bastard met another bastard, and they decided to hurt innocent people together."

"Oh, yay..." Eric smirks ironically, shaking his head. "It seems like you will never forget how to be rude... You have been a non-educated schmuck raised by the street, you will always be the one."